• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No compiler errors

Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just installed flash builder burrito. When I create some as files they don't seem to be compiled. No compiler errors are showing when I write action script that cannot possibly can be compiled. Does anyone have an idea how this can be?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Piet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Hi,

In your Flex project, some files are "Application" files. (Project properites -> Flex applications) You have to import your newly created AS files in this application file.

The idea here is that an application or module MXML/AS file is compiled to generate a SWF. It will pull in any classes needed to generate the SWF.

A library project on the other hand is exactly as you describe - all classes are compiled by default. You don't have to import anything anywhere.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2011 May 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a non-library project, files are only compiled if they are needed by any application or module present in the project. To make sure the file is compiled, add an import and use the class in your application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anirudh,

Thanks for your answer. I added some swc files to the lib directory of the project and then used some of the classes from the added libraries in .as files that I created myself. After that I messed up my own .as files a bit, but still no compilers errors appeared.
When I create a java project in Flash Builder Burrito and write 'publik clazz' instead of 'public class' a compiler error instantly appears. When I do the same in an .as file in a flex project, nothing happens. I'm still facing the problem I'm afraid.

Thanks and kind regards,

Piet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In your Flex project, some files are "Application" files. (Project properites -> Flex applications) You have to import your newly created AS files in this application file.

The idea here is that an application or module MXML/AS file is compiled to generate a SWF. It will pull in any classes needed to generate the SWF.

A library project on the other hand is exactly as you describe - all classes are compiled by default. You don't have to import anything anywhere.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anirudh,

Thanks for your answer. 't Was helpful, I now understand how it works. I have to confess though, that up till this moment I think it's a bit unfortunate that I don't see compiler errors right away when I make a mistake in a .as file that isn't being used by the application file yet. Maybe I'll learn to love it later.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Piet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines