• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Function Does Not Work (Captivate 4)

New Here ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a software demonstration using Captivate 4.  From the main splash screen I select:

Software Simulation > Screen Area > Full Screen

When I press the Record button (or when I use the "Alt-R" command), I am immediately taken back to the splash screen.  Nothing is recording.  It is like I didnt even set up the project.

Same thing occurs when I try to record an application.  As soon as I press "Record" I am taken back to the splash screen.  I have trolled the forum trying to find an answer to this issue but it appears most have to do with audio... for this issue, I can't record anything.

Please help, thank you.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

First off, what is your operating system? If you say Windows 7 that is likely the reason.

Assuming you are on Windows XP, I'd suggest clobbering your preferences file. The thread below should assist in performing that process.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, yeah I am using Windows 7.  Is there a patch available (or another fix)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Some folks here claim that they have made Captivate 4 work with absolutely no issues. For those folks I'm happy. Unfortunately, I'm not in that category. (And I've even tried their suggestions that it's a simple matter of choosing the right installation path)

The only way I was able to make things work in Windows 7 (I'm in the 64 bit camp) was to install the Microsoft Virtual Machine with XP mode. Once I installed Captivate 4 there it worked just dandy. But that also locks me out and prevents me from recording anything in the Windows 7 environment. So if I ever need to do that, I'll have to use Captivate 5.

Sorry, but I'd have to conclude that if it's a "Must Have" to record or whatever in Windows 7, you probably need to upgrade to Captivate 5.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick, it's sad that this is an issue Adobe has elected to leave open.  I will have to think on the best way forward (since upgrading is not an option at this point in time).

-Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources