• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert pdf to jpg

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Reader X and Windows XP.  Is there anyway to convert photos in a pdf format to a jpg photo?  I'm not very computer literate and need simple instructions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

You could try selecting the image, copy it and then paste it in some image handling software. Don't expect great results, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try selecting the image, copy it and then paste it in some image handling software. Don't expect great results, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In my past experience (which may not apply to today's Adobe Reader), the resolution of the reslt of selecting and copying an image from a PDF depends on how large the image is on your screen.  That suggests that the select-and-copy method just uses what's currently rendered on your screen.  If this is true, you can magnify your PDF file and then select the image to get a better resolution.

But, I don't do this any longer, because I use an application called pdfripimage, which extracts image data from a PDF file.  There may be other similar applications.

Cheers,

Ryo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  As you can see in my previous response, I wasn't able to enlarge and save the pictures.  I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work for me.  Do you know anything about the GIMP photoshop software?  I see it can be downloaded for free as compared to the cost of the Adobe Photoshop software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  As you can see in my previous

response, I wasn't able to enlarge and save the pictures.

> I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work for me.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean by "enlarge". Without going into technical details,

JPEG images don't have any notion of physical size. An image viewer can display a JPEG image in

whatever size you like. (Go to the "zoom" menu and change the image's size on the screen.)

If you upload your JPEG file to a website and you see it small, it's not your fault. It's the website which

determines the display size of your image.

I don't want to confuse you, but what matters for you is the "quality" (resolution) of your JPEG image.

How many pixels does your image have? A program like Paint may be able to show such information.

I recommended magnifying the image you want to capture in your PDF viewer to get a high resolution

image, meaning, to get a lot of pixels.

>  Do you

know anything about the GIMP photoshop software?  I see it can

be downloaded for free as compared to the cost of the Adobe

Photoshop software.

I do use GIMP, but it doesn't do what you want: to increase the physical size of your JPEG image.

Ryo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  I was able to copy and paste the picture converting it from PDF to JPG.  Unfortunately, I can't get the picture to stay enlarged.  I can enlarge the PDF picture, but when I save it, it returns to the original size.  I don't have any photo image software and had to use Microsoft Paint to copy the picture.  I tried to enlarge it in Paint, but it still wouldn't save and reverted back to the original.  When I uploaded the picture to Ancestry.com, it was so small you could tell what it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the website, pdf2jpg.com.  I tried it and it worked instantly.  My pictures retained their original size and I can read what is on the pictures.  I was also able to upload the pictures to Ancestry.com.  You're help is really appreciated.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this method, I can easily convert PDF to JPG without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found one guide that will help you convert PDF to jpeg and even 20 popular file format. You can check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines