• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does the color represent on these folders?

May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 9.0.0.228/Server 9

WebHelp Pro

Single Project (upgraded from RH x5 to RH9)

What does the color represent on these folders?  Today is the first day the folders have appeared this way (previously, they were solid yellow).

a.gif

Eva

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eva

The color indicates there is content inside that has a Conditional Build Tag applied to it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Glad to hear that it is a feature (versus an indication of a problem).  Is there a way to turn this feature on or off?  It's odd that we just started seeing them today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I'm not sure if it was you or another poster where I saw this. But in the last couple of days I recall reading a response from Adobe to someone here on the forums where they were advising something about conditional content in Frame and they advised some switch in the conversion settings could be flipped so that the conditions in Frame survived the trip into RoboWorld. Was that your by chance? If so, that would explain why you suddenly began seeing this.

The only way I can fathom to coax the colors not to show is by removing all conditionals.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

That was someone else's post.  This change came about unexpectedly and we don't know what triggered it. Even though the change is a mystery, the explanation that they represent CBTs is enough .

Thank you,

Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can enable/disable this by clicking View> Show > Conditional Areas

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eva, please report back and tell us whether that works for you. My suspicion is that we may be seeing a bug introduced with RoboHelp 9. I recall trying that and it didn't change anything in my Project Manager view. That's why I didn't suggest it to you. Then again, I was using version 9 at the time.

But after seeing Willam's suggestion I decided to do a double check. Because 8 fires up immediately for me and 9 takes about three minutes (have no clue why) I fired up 8 and sure enough this option appears to work in 8. I'm currently waiting for 9 to load up so I can double check there.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those menu options exist, but they do not appear to be working in RH 9 (no change to appearance of folders).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reported as a bug.  Thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can second the bug!

1. I tried it in RoboHelp 8 and it works as designed in both the Topic content view as well as the Project Manager Folder/Topics when it has the focus.
  2. In RoboHelp 9, it works properly in the Design View where content has a CBT but it does not work for folders and topics when Project Manager has the view.

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Evergreen, Colorado
www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's kind of cool Rick - you can set your conditions in FM and then bring in the "conditioned" content into RH OR you can let the FM conditions "flow through" to RH and then set their use in your SSL when you create the output. Matt Sullivan had a blog post about doing the former at http://temp.roundpeg.com/2010/06/tcs-tips-for-conditional-text/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp