• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX and Adobe Flash Player Plugin

May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64bit / IE8

I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX and Adobe Flash Player Plugin thinking they would be reinstalled together when I installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.

Now I only see the entry for Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX 10.2.159.1 listed in - Uninstall or change a program.

I was wondering how to get the Adobe Flash Player Plugin?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download it from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. just to clarify: the ActiveX and plugin are two separate installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty confusing.

Do you know what the difference is between Adobe Flash Player

10 ActiveX and Adobe Flash Player Plugin?

I checked out the page associated with the link you provided

and there are several download links. Do you know which link

is for the Adobe Flash Player Plugin?

Thank You For Your Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ActiveX is for Internet Explorer, and the plugin is for all other browsers (Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.).

Google Chrome does not require Flash Player to be installed, as it is preinstalled in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system is only about 5 months old. It came with IE8 and Chrome preinstalled.

Chrome 11.0.696.60 and I haven't used it. (Not even once)

Is it possible that the Flash Player Plugin originally listed in - uninstall or change a program -

was intended for that version of the Chrome browser?

I think the plugin may have also been preinstalled. Since I don't have any other browsers

installed I do not know what else it could have been used for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are confusing me now; I thought you just want to install the plugin...?

So is it installed?  In Firefox go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - can you see the Flash animation, and the installed version information below?

In C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash - what files do you have there?

P.S. if you install the plugin, it will not replace the FP version in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the files listed in the folder.

Flash10p.ocx

FlashInstall.log

FlashUtil10p_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil10p_AciveX.exe

I originally uninstalled Flash Player 10 ActiveX and the Flash Player Plugin

thinking they would both be reinstalled with the newer version. When I installed

the newer version of Flash Player 10 ActiveX I noticed the Plugin was missing

and wondered what happened to it. I didn't know it needed to be downloaded

seperatly and I also didn't know what it was for exactly. As it is right now

everything works and since I'm not using any other browser - downloading

the Plugin isn't required. At least now I have an idea what the Plugin it was

intended for and know it's not needed.

Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the files you listed I see that you don't have the plugin installed.

If you want Flash Player to work on Firefox, then you need to install the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using Firefox. I'm using IE8 (against the better judgement of others)

I actually prefer it because I'm so familiar with it. I know what the Plugin is

for now. I saved the executable file  (install_flash_player_10.exe) to a folder.

If I need it I'll install it. You answered my questions and cleared things up.

Thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the file on the page to the link you provided and now know what the Plugin was for.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I hope you're still around as your answer is from 2008.

I need help re: Adobe, not version 10 of course, because we're in 2014, but 12.

I lost Adobe Flash Player 12 ActiveX and 12 Plugin.

It was after an Adobe update, whose download had the option to get a McAffee Scanning Tool as well to check my security (and something from Windows apparently, called GenuineCheck).

I didn't need the McAffee tool because I got Avast Antivirus and Comodo Firewall, but it was only a quick but thorough check, or so I thought, and so I went for it. It performed the scan and I left it at that.

Oh, it also asked me for unlimited access to my computer! And I gave it. After that, my laptop started working horribly slow, to the point of impotent rage. It took looong minutes to go from page to page, even on the same website, to load links, even save or view pics. I had to uninstall the McAffee Tool and "Genuine"Check.

Now, the process of uninstalation had a warning that, if I went ahead with it, I would also lose Adobe Flash Player 12 ActiveX and the 12 Plugin. Just like that, no alternative.

I had to get rid of McAffee and intended to reinstall AFP 12 ActX and Plugin immediately after. Still, do you see what this means? This McAffee tool came riding on the back of Adobe's reputation and popularity and then, like a good little parasite, when it went, it took Adobe down with it!

Now I only got the pepperspray, which I had disabled ages ago because it does nothing but crash, and the one I downloaded later and now lost, is a goner! My desktop only shows the place where AFP would have been, its name still on the phantom icon, but when I try to open it, it says it is no longer there!

I hope that when you said Flash comes with Chrome you only meant pepperspray and not the one I lost because that's the one I like and work with better (both ActiveX and Chrome). And I'm getting frustrated because everytime I google AFP 12 ActiveX, or even get to the download link, what I see is not the 12 ActiveX but simply Adobe Flash Player. No more.

What on Earth do I have to do or where to go to find AND download AND install AFP 12 ActiveX and 12 Plugin successfully?

And can McAffee be held accountable for causing the loss of software that they used to be downloaded=to profit from, and then totally took the piss of?

HELP PLEASE.

I hope I get a notification of your valuable reply, but I'll bookmark this page anyway, or if you prefer, paulacristinagomes@hotmail.co.uk. Not through the Windows Live Mail you get to if you click on my link, but through Hotmail/Outlook please? I never use Live Mail, it's rubbish.

My best regards and thank you. Paula.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• chearles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ewin 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that this thread was from 2014, and I can't really figure out what you were trying to communicate in your previous post, I'm going to lock this thread.  If you have an actual question, please start a new thread, and include sufficient detail so that we can help.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines