Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Can't I type on the pdf form?kd

May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have XP,  Adobe 10x reader,  and the forms I have to fill out for an inteview will NOT let me type on them?  I have never had this problem before, can someone help? Thanks You

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that a PDF file has fillable fields does not necessarily mean that the file was enabled to be filled with the free Reader.

And do you think that using your email address as your username in a public forum is a good idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think your answer helped anyone in any way?
-- Gregg Luhring 3W Media Co ______________________

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about a file that you were using the same day that was possible for you to fill the fields in on as in an esa50 form from the governement in the uk, and then all of a sudden you are not able to load it and make further additions to it or alterations?  I cant fill one of these forms in all in one go it takes me months sometimes to fill it in because I have to do it in bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form would need to have fillable fields added by the creator of the file. Just because it looks like a form, doesn't mean it has these fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have issues filling in forms on some systems. You can try to disable protected mode.

This only happens on some workstations. Others are fine with protected mode. I need a solution other than disabling protected mode.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of ways to know whether the form is fillable.

At the top of the page, you'll see a message bar that states so or, you can select the hand tool, mouse over the area you think is fillable. If it turns to an i-beam, it's fillable. If it doesn't, it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info,

We know the form is fillable and there is a pink bar at the top.

The issue is you can only fill in the form if you don't launch Adobe Reader in protected mode. There is a setting for this under preferences\general.

If you uncheck Enable protected mode at startup, shut down Adobe Reader and re launch the form you are now able to fill in the fields.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround that may help in some applications. I had a Word document that I needed to add initials and signatures to. First, in Word, I typed in the information required. Next I saved the Word document as a PDF. Then I added the signatures and initials. Then saved the PDF as the final product. Hope that helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can navigate to figure it out this should work. I just don't see how it's possible to not be able to fill out a PDF given by the state to fill out for a voter's registration of a Medicare paper just using a simple keyboard. Oh well, that's why there are people who know about those things. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason when Microsoft updated on my PC the default setting on my pdf file was opening with Microsof Edge rather than Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I changed the setting and was able to type into the fillable lines again. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines