Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing FB4 projects into FB4.5 -- having problems in converting

Explorer ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had been working with FB4 premium and just purchased FB4.5 premium with cs5.5 mc. I am having problems importing my old projects from FB4. lots of odd things happening. For example, when running some (previously fine) projects, I get an error message saying "VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of createGeometry in flashx.textLayout.elements.FlowGroupElement". Also, when I dismiss this error, my project runs but none of the visuals show up. This is just one of many odd errors and error messages I have been seeing. Before I drill down into each error message, has anyone else been having problems importing FB4.0 projects in FB4.5?? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately i don't have an answer, just the same problems! If i get anywhere with them i shall let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same error.

The createGeometry error is because of API changes in TLF. Flex 4.5 is using a new version of TLF and if you have code or components that depends upon the older version of TLF, you have to make a few changes.

The TLF forum should have the right migration details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Anirudh - I just returned to this problem and found it was actually

a problem with a .swf file in the application. When I deleted it this issue went away.

I did however just hit another snage which I posted separately.

Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines