• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deletion of Flash Builder 4.5 when installing Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP

Contributor ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very serious error with the Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP installer (from http://static.zend.com/topics/Flash-Builder-for-PHP-4.5.0-Release-Notes.txt 😞

If Flash Builder 4.5 (not PHP) is already installed on the machine, and the 
  product (Flash Builder for PHP 4.5) is then installed in a different location, 
  the user gets the "FB is installed" dialog.
  After clicking OK, the installation rolls back and removes both Flash Builder
  and Flash Builder for PHP.

My questions:

Can Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP be installed in the same location without deleting Flash Builder 4.5? If so, please define "location."

Is there a workaround for installing both flavors of Flash Builder 4.5 and avoiding the deletion issue described above?

Can a single do-it-all version of Flash Builder 4.5 be installed that combines the SDKs and features of both flavors of the Flash Builder 4.5 product?

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP includes the exact same version of Flash Builder 4.5. We don't allow side by side installations of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP, so you'll have to uninstall Flash Builder 4.5 before installing Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP. The error message you're seeing is that we didn't detect FB 4.5 earlier in the installation process, but after you dismiss the dialog you should just be able to run the FBPHP installer again without a problem.

Hope that makes sense!
-Hei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up about this. I've forwarded your info to the proper authorities for follow-up.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP includes the exact same version of Flash Builder 4.5. We don't allow side by side installations of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP, so you'll have to uninstall Flash Builder 4.5 before installing Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP. The error message you're seeing is that we didn't detect FB 4.5 earlier in the installation process, but after you dismiss the dialog you should just be able to run the FBPHP installer again without a problem.

Hope that makes sense!
-Heidi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That answers my question close enough. It sounds like dismissing the dialog deletes the previous install, but as long as I'm working from a virgin install it shouldn't delete anything unique.

The Adobe installers and all the gunk in the OOBE folder keep making for an uglier user experience with each release. Thanks for helping us navigate the minefield.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a previous version of Flash Builder 4.5 ( I do have FB 4.0 though) and the installer keeps failing when trying to install Zen Studio. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as the previous poster:

grumpee wrote:

I do not have a previous version of Flash Builder 4.5 ( I do have FB 4.0 though) and the installer keeps failing when trying to install Zen Studio. Any ideas?

The error message I'm getting is as follows:

An error occurred while trying to install Zend Studio.

There was an error while trying to install PHP support. Please uninstall existing copies of Flash Builder 4.5 and try again.

I have removed all traces of previous Flash Builder and Zend Studio installations, but still no success. I end up with this error every time.

Any help would be appreciated.

~Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Could you please send the following log files so we identify the exact problem and hopefully help you quickly:

Windows:

1.       <path_to_adobe_fbphp>/_Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP.log

2.       Logs located under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installer\

Max OSX:

1.       <path_to_adobe_fbphp>/_Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP.log

2.       Logs located under /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/

Thanks for sharing this,

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Roy,

Unfortunately those logs have already been deleted. I was actually able to get it to work by removing ALL Adobe files and folders in Library and Application Support. I am suspecting that AAM (which I hadn't removed) was causing the issue. Just to be save I removed any reference to Adobe or Zend on my system and then it worked like a charm.

Thanks!

~Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines