• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported PowerPoint and audio

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported an animated PowerPoint into Captivate 5.  The animation works when I publish the file.  When I add audio to each slide and publish, the audio does not play properly.  I arrive on a screen, hear no audio until I click, and then hear a small blip, the first syllable of the audio.  When I click again, I hear another syllable.  The entire audio for the slide does not play until I have reached the last animation for the slide.  I have downloaded all upgrades to Captivate.

Can someone tell me if there is a solution to this problem?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you add audio in Captivate ? Could you post a screenshot of the Timeline of an example slide?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timeline.jpg

This is the timeline.  Please note that I imported the slides with the choice of "on mouse click" but I get the same result if I choose "automatically" instead.  I get the same result in Captivate 4 and 5, and I get the same result whether I am using the text-to-speech or whether I am using my own recorded voice.

If this screenshot is not helpful, I can send the actual captivate file.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the purpose of the click box in the middle of the timeline? Why not put the pause of that click box almost at the end of the slide duration?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The click box is put on automatically at that location by Captivate if I choose "On mouse click" when I am importing the slides.  I have tried removing it after importing and I still get the same result with the audio.  I have also tried choosing "Automatically" so that the slide advances without a mouse click.  Same result.

Any ideas?

Thank you.on mouse click.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, normally this is meant to advance the slide on a click, and probably you added the audio later on and had to extend the slide duration and that is why the click box ended up in the middle of the timeline.

Did you record the audio in Captivate, or is it an imported audio clip? And CP5 is at version 5.0.1.624?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources