• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to debug flash remoting using ColdFusion Builder debugger.

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FlashBuilder 4 Premium and ColdFusion Builder. I have not found a way to get the ColdFusion Builder debugger to work with remoting calls. How do you do this? The debugger works fine if I launch a .cfm. However, if I put break points in my remote service .cfc methods, the debugger does not trigger.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2011 Feb 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP...

Did you get this figured out?  I have just switched over the Flash Builder from Flex Builder where I had the setup working just fine.  I have verified the settings in each IDE are identical to get the CF debugging working when my remote cfc's are called from Flash content.  I've confirmed/tested that the RDS server is running, and connects fine.  However, when I put a breakpoint in the CF content which gets called, it doesn't hit it.

It's pathetic how little documentation/information there is on topics like this when we're dealing with two Adobe products that are supposed to work together so nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2011 Feb 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got on line with tech support to get them to show me how to use it. The guy hardly knew anything about it himself. From the coldfusion group and was the guy who was supposed to know. I screen shared with him and every time we tried debugging from flex it would just stop. Seems that if something goes wrong in a coldfusion library, the debugger just stops and so it is something upsteam of your break point. Of course there is nothing to show you that, but it became clear. The guy didn't have any better idea than I did what was going on. I figured that out.

If you check the docs about CF and flex, their recommendation is write it all as a CF app. debug it and then hook flex to it. Pure garbage. Anybody hear of DRY. I have dumped ever using CF on the back end. It is not an oop language. It is a tag based language for markup pages with quasi script and its ORM is so inflexible its a joke.

Went back to ruby on rails and rubyamf for my backend to flex apps (with Mate as MVC framework) and I could not be happier. Never had such an unpleasant develpment experience than working with Coldfusion as the backend to a flex app. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your done, but Adobe just released CF Builder 2 Beta.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/coldfusionbuilder2/

If you happen to test with this, would you please let us know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would have to agree, doing Flex on top of CF 9 ORM has not been fun, and is extremely hard to debug. I pretty much have to go over to using my unit tests as a testing platform for any remoting code, but it is only a cludge and not always successful. Right now my application is working in Firefox but not IE and I'm totally frustrated trying to figure out why. It boggles me that they can't get their own languages working seemlessly together and pull more developers over to using CF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation