• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not working in IE9 Window 7 64bit.

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded my IE8 to IE9, flash player didn't work. For example, white screen shows up in the flash player box. Consequently, i did some research trying to fix this issue by re-installing adobe flash player, and re-installing IE. I even tried every solution applicable via forums, but still no luck. Do i need to wait for an 10.3 update or there is feasible solution for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Hi beenzino, That's good to hear. When Uninstalling sometimes that happens that an old file gets left behind. Whenever that happens that's why I like to have a clean Uninstall and you did that by checking to make sure before running the Installer.

Thanks for posting back:-)

Also don't forget to mark your thread as answered when you have time.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Have you tried turning off the hardware acceleration? If not,  go to this site: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/. Right click on the Flash logo, Settings,
then UNcheck the hardware acceleration in Display Settings.

Use your 32bit browser.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but I've already tried that method and still having the issue. And yes, I'm using 32bit browser. Any alternative suggestions would be grateful. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2011 Apr 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you figured it out or not, but whenever I try to update the flash player in the 32 bit explorer it says adobe hasn't released a version for IE9. But it doesn't in the 64bit explorer, so i don't know. I'm having the same issue and have to resort to using firefox for some things:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Check the following thread ........

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25685200-WIN7-IE-9-won-t-play-or-identify-latest-Flash-Player

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the 32-bit edition of Internet Explorer. If you have installed either Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9, both  a 32-bit and a 64-bit edition of the browser are available on your computer. For some technical assistant, ask us http://www.vtechsquad.com/microsoft-support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the One Box, if you have a blue circle with a slash, click Tools, move pointer to Safety, then click ActiveX Filtering, restart I.E.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate,it worked for me.However

I am on x86 and Vista Home Premium.

It was very frustrating,but fortunately just for 2 days,as I find

your solution,so thanks again.Also I`ll post an edited version of the treat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2011 Apr 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Let me provide you with the link for the resolution of this issue.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83715.html

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

I think this should fix the issue.

All the best......... !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys for your effort, unfortunately, I still have white screen issue. I was hoping that upgrading to 10.2.159.1 version would fix this problem but i see no improvements. I even tried downloading latest nvidia driver came out few days ago but no luck. Only solution left for me is to wait for a 10.3 version fully compatible with IE9. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. Are you having this issue on Youtube Videos? Or a particular website?

Using IE, go to Tools, Manage addons and under "Show"(very light text) look in the various categories for Shockwave Flash Object. Is it Installed and Enabled? What version?

In Tools, Internet Options under the Security Tab, set it to Medium for the Internet Zone.

Then go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back the files listed.

Do you have any Flash files in the System32 location? (same path)

This latest FP version was just Security related.

With IE, can you see the Flash Player logo animation? http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

What Anti-Virus/Spyware program do you use? Have you had an Virus/Malware issues?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. youtube video seems to play fine however problem persists on a particular websites. And yes, my shockwave flash object is enabled with version 10.2.159.1, and I can see the animation on that page. Only anti virus software I use is microsoft security essentials. Never had any virus or malware issues. Also, I don't get what you mean any flash files in system32 location?

files listed in the folder you requested:

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2011 Apr 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the screenshot & info. You have Flash Player files for the current version and the previous version. What I would recommend is an Uninstall/Install, using the 32bit browser.

Download and SAVE to your Desktop the Uninstaller:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html 
Download and SAVE to your Desktop the Installer for IE- use the EXE Installer
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html
Close all browser windows, you only want to be looking at your Desktop.
Disable any messenger services, as yahoo, msn, etc in the system tray(area near the clock)

Be sure to use the Administrator Account.

Run the Uninstaller and when finished, Reboot(restart) your computer.

Now go to the Flash SysWOW64 location and make sure there are no Flash files other than a text doc. If there are Flash Files there, Run the Uninstaller again & recheck. You want all Flash files removed before running the Installer.If you have to Run the Uninstaller again, then Reboot again.
Run the Installer for IE, and when finished, Reboot.

Then go to this test site and test each browser:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

You may want to print these instructions to make it easier to follow. If you have any questions, let me know.

You should now have all Flash files in the SysWOW64 location as vs 10.2.159.1 and the Shockwave Flash Object in the addons the same.

Let me know,

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beenzino wrote:

Hi again. youtube video seems to play fine however problem persists on a particular websites.

What sites are you having problems in viewing videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me Carl E. Myers Jr, but I'm waiting on a reply to my latest post to beenzino and would prefer to continue with that.

It gets confusing trying to have the OP going in more than one direction at a time:-) I'm sure you'll understand that.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response eidnolb, My flash finally appear on certain sites and seems fully functional. I followed exactly every steps you have mentioned and it must have cleared out previous files that was conflicting the current version. Thank you for ur support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beenzino, That's good to hear. When Uninstalling sometimes that happens that an old file gets left behind. Whenever that happens that's why I like to have a clean Uninstall and you did that by checking to make sure before running the Installer.

Thanks for posting back:-)

Also don't forget to mark your thread as answered when you have time.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, fellow 64-bit sufferer,

These steps should get you to the 10.3 version of Flash Player that you’re looking for (It’s called the Flash Player Square version 10.3.162.28):

1. Go to this link first, http://www.adobe.com/support/

2. Under "Product help and support centers," select the link for Flash Player;

3. Under “Flash Player doesn’t work,” click the link for Windows 7;

4. Under “Related content” (right side of page), click the first link, "Flash Player on 64-bit Operating Systems;"

5. Under the first paragraph (in the note), click the link for Adobe Labs;

6. Scroll to the middle of the page to the section “64-bit Release Flash Player Downloads.”

7. The first download link is the one you want for Windows 7 (and Vista) users.

BEFORE YOU RUN IT, uninstall whatever version of Flash Player you already have in your browser at the moment. I’m sure you’ve probably mastered the uninstall/install tango at this point, but here is the most thorough guide for doing this that I have found to date:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html (for version 10.2 and lower)

I really like the fact that Step 6 points you to a page where you can test your browser to see if Flash Player is still there. Once you are sure it's gone, return to the Adobe Labs page and run the link that installs Flash Player's Square Version. You can then come back to this same Step 6 and use the test page to see that the new version 10.3.162.28 (or something 10.3-ish or above) has been installed correctly.

Good luck.

Note: This Square version is not an offficial release.  In fact, it is not even a beta version that is made easily available to end-users.  They're calling it a pre-release build, so its really a tool for software developers, not the rest of us.  It will, however, work better than anything else for us desparate 64-bit browser users who need something now.  I, myself have a problem that I think is Square-related, and lucky for you, I stumbled across your situation while trying to resolve my own.  I hope someone stumbles across me in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrmeach, Just wanting to make sure that you understand that the Flash Player 10.3 is not the Flash Player Version Square.

This is for Desktop Operating Systems.

This 10.3 at: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer10-3/

• April 20, 2011 — The release candiate of Flash Player 10.3 for desktop operating systems is now available. Download Flash Player 10.3 release candidate
  • This is a release candidate version of Flash Player 10.3 for desktop operating systems. The Adobe AIR® 2.7 release candidate for desktops is also available.

This is the site for the Flash Player Square, which is for the 64bit OS to be used with the 64bit browser(IE9). As far as I know the IE9 browser is the only 64bit browser out.

Site for Square: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/

I think the 10.3 as well as the Square Version both have release notes for review.

From some of the threads I've read on Square and the IE9 64bit browser, it seems it works fine for some and other users are reporting issues. Sort of hard to tell what the issues really are, since Square is still being tested and IE9 just coming out of beta.

There has been no information when Square will be a "shipped" version.

If you would like to read the Forum to maybe see if someone else is having a problem similar to yours, take a look here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/flashplatformruntimes/square64bit?view=discussions

Sorry you are having problems with Square & IE9 64bit browser. You are welcome to start a new discussion and post your info.

Nice of you to post the procedure for the OP in case they would like to try the 10.3 Desktop or the Square version.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eidnolb,

I see what you mean. Referring to Square as a 10.3 version can be misleading since the 10.3 designation is being reserved for a desktop version of Flash Player that is not the Square version. In all honesty, I did see that link to the April 20th news release before crafting my reply to beenzino, so I knew there could be some confusion. Consequently, I tried to be very careful in noting not only what links should be followed but likewise what results he/she should expect to see.

Here’s what I mean. I too have the 64-bit IE9, and after installing Square into my version of Windows (I’m running 64-bit Vista Home Premium), I went to the page where Adobe allows you to check and see what version of Flash Player you are running:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

The version information box on that page then references my Square version as “version 10.3.162.28,” which is kind of messed up since that would lead me or anyone else to believe that it is in fact a 10.3-ish version. Since beenzino refers more than once to waiting for as a 10.3 version, I referred to Square as such just to be clear that my links would steer him to the thing he had in mind. Adobe might have helped matters by giving it a 10.2.XXX.XX number instead.

Anyway, thanks for the links to other areas of the forum that might be of some benefit to my specific challenges. I’ll be heading over there later tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrmeach, Oh I know you were careful in giving the instructions:-) I just wanted to clarify the versions, since it can be confusing with the various terms used, i.e. pre-release/released/shipped, etc:-) Believe me, I have a hard time keeping what's in beta, beta updates; Square, Square updates and so on! With every update the version numbers change also.

If the test site "about" is showing you have FP vs 10.3.162.28, I'm not sure that is the Square version. Since the Adobe lab sites don't list the latest Square version, nor the 10.3, I have no way of telling what the latest version numbers are. When someone posts the info, that's how I know. Someone just posted the latest Square version and I thot I had it, but now have to look for it. If you're version is 10.3, then I don't think that's the Square version. The version number is altogether different.

I'll try to find that thread.

If you use your 32bit browser and it works, then you know you don't have Square, since it takes the 64bit browser. Try that.

You can check also by going to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back your files. You may also want to check in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back any files in that location. There shouldn't be any there, but things happen:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple things that we need to consider. I have a similar problem with the IE 9. As soon as I downloaded the new Adobe flash player 10.2 the problem started.

The problem lies in the interaction of Adobe flash. 10.2 hardware acceleration with the new Nvidia optimus graphics. The new Nvidia graphic cards are used with new Sandy Bridge processor form intel.

As soon as you update the flash player 10.2 the IE 9 crashes it is not a 64 or 32 bit problem rather the problem lies in interaction between Adobe flash player 10.2 and Nvidia graphic card.

If you want to check that it makes sense. Put a checkmark in options in IE 9 to deactivate the hardware acceleration. IE 9 will play all flash videos without a hitch. Unfortunately you cannot play them full-screen.

The way to completely fix this problem, download the older edition of flash player that's 10.1 which is compatible with Nvidia graphics. Problem solved.

I'm posting this solution to Adobe forums to make sure that they can fix the problem in 10.3 version of flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isnabeel wrote:

I'm posting this solution to Adobe forums to make sure that they can fix the problem in 10.3 version of flash player.

Thank you for your post, and the interesting issues you raise.

Unfortunately it is unlikely that anyone from Adobe will see your post at the end of a resolved topic, so you should either start your own topic, or better, report your issue according to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83952.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should either start your own topic...http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83952.html

I see that you already did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines