• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorting Image Files by Name

New Here ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for asking if this question is answered in the forum; however, since the forum search isn’t working, I have had no luck looking for an answer.

I am using RH8.

When I insert images into a project, the files displayed in the Select Image File window are sorted by size.

When I change the sort to be by name, the sort order selection is not remembered. That is, the next time the Select Image File window opens, the sort is again by size.

I use the following methods to sort the files.

Right-click in the window.

Point at Arrange Icons By.

Click Name.

Click the View menu at the top of the window.

Click Details.

Click the Name column heading.

How can I sort the files by name and have the sort order remembered each time the window opens.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean in this window?

imagesinsert.png

Whenever I access that window it is sorted by name and always has been. I changed it to Date for one insert but next time it was still sorted by name.

There is no way I know of within RoboHelp to modify that and I suspect the Adobe are using a basic windows function here and just modifying it. It might be worth poking around some Windows forums for an answer.

Sorry I cannot help you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thanks for your help.

You have identified the correct window.

I searched as you suggested and found a (year) 2003 post related to Windows 98 that actually helped me solve the problem. (http://www.windowsbbs.com/windows-95-98-me-nt/25605-explorer-file-open-dialog-sort-order-problems.html)

Just in case someone runs into this problem, here are the steps that I executed.

Open a folder, such as My Documents.

Choose View Details.

Click a column heading (Name in my case) to sort the files.

Hold down Ctrl.

Click X to close the window.

Apparently, I held down the Ctrl key at the wrong time.

It’s surprising that the incorrect sorting of file names only appeared in RH 8. I could change the sort as needed, and it was remembered in other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp