Expand my Community achievements bar.

Autocad (DWG) to PDF failure -- timeout and "an unexpected exception...

Level 1

"I installed the trial Adobe LiveCycle 2.5 product (e.g., http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/trial) on a 64-bit VM running Windows 2008 Server.  I installed all components listed except the accelerators.  It seemed to install all the components properly but did complain during final system check that version 9.2 of Acrobat Pro extended was not installed (i.e., apparently only 9.0 is in the trial page).  I did subsequently find and install 5 patches to bring 9.0 to 9.2 (e.g., 9.1, 9.11, 9.12, 9.13, 9.2)

Anyway, I am attempting to convert Autocad DWG files to PDF...When I try by running the GeneratePDF service interactively by selecting a DWG file and then clicking the “convert” button I get a timeout error and a complaint about "an unexpected exception while resolving a new connection to an Adobe service."  This same error also appears in the failed error file when I try the conversion via a "watched folder."  The error does not seem specific to converting DWG files from what I can see.

Note as a test, I was able to successfully run the "HTML to PDF" service including on watched folders so the system does seem to be running properly.

Any help would be appreciated as I am evaluating the product for my customer -- specifically for the Autocad file conversion and I have no clue how to fix the problem.  I followed the turnkey express mode install.

0 Replies