• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stabilizing list styles

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone provide suggestions for stabilizing list styles in RH8? I have my lists done, but when I try to add to them, say I have 5 steps and now I'm updating content to 8 steps, why do the list styles all go haywire? If I edit the style, then another instance of the number changes its stripes after I'm done and I have to go there and do the same thing, over and over!

Colum, I know you suggested a while back to use the multilist styles, which I'm willing to do, if I have some assurance I won't be getting the same behavior. Frustrated...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please specify from where are you editing the style? That is, from Styles Pod, Style Sheet Editor Dialog or directly in CSS?

Are there any other styles applied to the list content? If yes, please provide the details of them also.

It would be more helpful if you can provide a sample project in which you are facing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Be sure to check out http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/lists/lists.htm. If this doesn't help, please post a couple of screenshots that illustrate your problem.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a few screenshots.

RH_styles2.pngRH_styles3.pngStyleIssues.pngStyleIssues2.pngRH_styles.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's hard to make out the exact problem from the screenshots. You do have nested lists and they may give some woe. Could you please create a small sample project with one or two imported topics and your CSS. I can take a look to see what's happening.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply and willingness to look at this. One question: what do

you mean by "nested lists" Do you mean any more than 1 or 2 levels? Because

I have three levels; are you saying more than 1 or 2 lists is not a good way

to present info in RH? And, is the performance any different, i.e., better,

if one uses Multilevel Lists?

Thank you,

Gloria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A nested list is a list that is inside another list. That's the regular way that you use multi level lists in HTML. The main list counts from 1-x. Any new sequence inside this is another list.

There's no problem in using three or more levels in a list, but it may require some more understanding of HTML and CSS to get them to look the way you want. Depending on list styles and style inheritance, multi level lists may require a little work to get it right. But before I can say what you need to do, I need to take a look at the HTML and CSS so I can see what's going on and why you are having problems. You can mail me at contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu.

The same goes for the RoboHelp Multilevel lists. Once they are set up, they're quite easy to work with. I don't know if they are better, but they are optimized for styling through the RoboHelp style editor (and only through that editor).

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

I've created a sample project. Do you want me to send you the project file

.xpj or what file?

Gloria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you zip up the entire example project and send it?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp