• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine text and image in RH9

New Here ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create an effect similar to one in PowerPoint where you can use an image as a text box, so that the text appears "on top of" the image, like RHtextBoxExample.gif

I would like this "text box clone" to resize according to the width of the topic window regardless of the text length.

I would use these for either a heading style or for the header on a master page.

I tried using a background image as shading for a one-celled table, but can't get the background image to resize. I'm unable to find anything like this in Help, even when searching through Google.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Julie WB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie

You aren't finding it because it doesn't exist in RoboHelp. Your best bet is to create it using PowerPoint, then use a Screen Capture tool to capture the image from PowerPoint and use it in RoboHelp.

You *MIGHT* be able to accomplish it using Positioned Text Boxes, but my experience of using them is that they are unpredictable and you can't always guarantee they won't obscure some important text.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I understand correct, you need a text with a background image. But seeing Rick's reply I wonder if I understand correct. But here it goes anyway: For a background image, you can use the css background property. See http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_background.asp

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick.

The only problem with the PPT solution is that the text distorts when the window is resized. Is there a way to avoid that?

I appreciate the link to the Wish Form. Will forward my wish to Adobe.

Again, thanks and regards,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp