• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP and ANT

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP Premium and I am trying to install ANT so I can automate the AsDoc generation process.

In the past (Flash Builder 4), I just point to "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo/" and select "Eclipse Java Development Tools".

However, when I do the same in " Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP Premium", I got an error message saying that a newer version of "Eclipse Java Development Tools" has already been installed. I go to the "Already Installed Software" tab, and indeed I see "Eclipse Java Development Tools" under "Eclipse Java IDE", but ANT is nowhere to be found.

By the way, I am doing everything on the stock, standalone Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP Premium.

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FB for PHP is based on Eclipse Helios, so you need to use the Eclipse Helios update site.

enjoy!

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input.

I tried to point the Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP to http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios/ instead, but I don't know where ANT is located. FB4.5 claims that "Eclipse Java Deveopment Tools" is already installed, but I still can't find ANT Build anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a check and indeed Ant aupport in Helios is installed as part of JDT plugin (Java Support).

Since Adobe FB for PHP includes Java Support, you actually have Ant Support built in your FB product.

To open an XML file with Ant editor, go to the XML file, right click and select Open with... Ant Editor.

Enjoy,

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, I've been looking for this for a while...

But how do you display the "Ant" Eclipse-built-in Panel ?

ant_view.png

Thanks,

Julien.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add that by going to Window -> Show View -> Other... -> Ant -> Ant.

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, I can't... That's the purpose of the question !

No "Ant" view nor "Ant" group...

NB : I'm using the release version of FlashBuilder 4.5 for PHP on MacOS 10.6.7.

NB2 : The screenshot has been sent by a friend of mine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to  hear it.... I am also using Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP, but on Windows, and after 'enabling' Ant as above, I am able to add that view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP and the ANT view does not show when going to Window -> Show View --> Other.  I could not find it in any of the folders.

Flash BuilderScreenSnapz003.jpg

However, I was able to add it by hitting Command 3 (CTRL 3 on PC) and typing Ant.

Flash BuilderScreenSnapz004.jpg

Flash BuilderScreenSnapz005.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had this issue, and when trying to update "Eclipse Java Development Tools" from the helios update site, a dependcy conflict prevents the update. 

What I found was that I could enable the Ant integration by going to File -> New -> Project...  If a checkbox is present at the bottom of this dialog allowing you to see all project types, ensure it is checked.  From there, go to Java -> Java Project from Existing Ant Buildfile.  Once you select next, you will be asked if you want to enable Ant.  After it is enabled, you can cancel the dialog and Ant is now integrated into the UI.

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines