• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expand/Collapse All is not only collapsing the drop-down, it is also collapsing trailing tables

May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've inherited a project from a previous user and she incorporated the "Expand/Collapse All" button. The button is used to expand and collapse images in the topics. They expand properly, but when you "collapse all", the tables that come directly after the image are also collapsing, i.e. disappearing. This does not happen if you expand/collpase the drop-downs individually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

What version of RoboHelp are you using? Are you using the default RoboHelp drop downs or do you have some custom method? Also, there are several methods of creating show/hide buttons: In the topic or in the toolbar. There are also several methods for either type of buttons. (See http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/twisty/twisty.htm) Do you know which method you are using?

My guess is that the JavaScript you are using for the buttons needs some fixing, but I can't say without looking at a topic and the script you are using. Could you create an example project with one or two topics that illustrate your problem?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I'm using RH8 and am somewhat new at this. A previous employee set this up and I've merely been doing updates. Attached is a stripped down version of the .hlp (prp_hlp.htm is in the Webhelp folder). Access the following topic:

File Maintenance | Additional File Maintenance | Job Description Names

There are two tables on this screen - one is under the fieldname "Type", and the other is under the fieldname "Responsibility Type". When you click "Expand & Collapse", to show the screenshots, all is well. Click "Expand & Collapse" again, to hide the screenshots, and the trouble starts. The tables are missing. To re-surface the tables, click on another topic and then return to Job Description Names.

Does this help?

Tom Barclay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Thomas

And the URL to the help would be?...

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me out here Rick. Not sure I have a URL for this. It runs from our product. Can't this be run on your desktop? As I said, I'm kinda new at this. More of a print docs, Framemaker person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You cannot post an attachement on the forum. So Rick assumed that you have placed the example project somewhere we can access it. If you can't do that, you can also send me the zipped project at contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick's asking for a path to your help because you can't attach files here in the forum (only screenshots). If you want to share it with everybody, put it on a sharing site like dropbox, etc. and post the URL to it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Solved this by deleting the old toolbar button and using the new toolbar button script:

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp