• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help creating browse sequences that work and deleting sync TOC

May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of the TCS with RH 9.0. I'm trying to create WebHelp Pro output

for a book produced originally in Framemaker. I've been following Rick's Skinny on skins

guide to tailor the look and feel, but am having real problems getting my browse sequence

to work. I've used Tools> Browse Sequence Editor and then Auto-create using Frame TOC,

selected the TOC from the drop-down list and chosen 4  as the depth that I want to browse.

The TOC that appears in Browse sequences  is strange and doesn't represent the Frame TOC that

appears in the html, I left this 'as is'. Once I've generated the ouput the sequence browsing works

for the equivalent of top-level heading only. What am I doing wrong and what should I

be editing to make this fully functional?

I would also like to delete the Sync TOC from the toolbar, and it seems to be possible to

delete the image but not the entire field. I know it can be done, because Peter Grainge's

RH site doesn't have it. Between Peter and Rick I will somehow achieve this website for

my company...

Many thanks in advance for any ideas and help.

Best wishes,

Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Killing off the Search is done through the SSL layout's Navigation pane - that's where you select what elements you want to show (and in what order).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're using RH Server with this output right? That's what the "Pro" designation indicates. If you're not, then just create regular WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have literally just realized that Pro isn't better it's different and not appropriate for our

customer base. Hoping to get this working this eve now. Still need help as to how to

remove the Search and Go from the toolbar though.

Many thanks,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Killing off the Search is done through the SSL layout's Navigation pane - that's where you select what elements you want to show (and in what order).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Killed off the search, now using Webhelp rather than Webhelp pro. Output all produced well,

but I cannot get next and previous topic buttons to do anything other than browse through

Heading 1. I've enable the browse sequence, but I'm still can't work out why the

sequence browsing won't work with the full contents.

Many thanks for all your help.

Best wishes,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the ones in the top left? If so, they aren't the browse sequence controls from what I understand. They're more like web page forward & back buttons. From what I know (I've only enabled browse sequences in an AIRHelp project, not my WebHelp one) is that they appear in the top right corner of the topic page. You probably need to have a look at the browse sequence manager and mess around with how it thinks it's advancing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

@Jeff - In WebHelp output a Browse Sequence is presented using the arrows that sit in the Navigation Mini-Toolbar. I've documented some of it at the link below:

Click here to view

@Karen - Are you wanting one single sequence that works to allow the user to traverse the TOC from top to bottom or bottom to top? If so, the way you do this is by creating one very long sequence in the Browse Sequence Editor. You might begin by specifying 0 as the level to use when auto creating. Normally that will be sufficient. However, it depends on your TOC as to how well that may actually work.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks again for another set of instructions for me to follow. You are absolutely right I do

just want to go back and forth through the TOC, so will go for using your approach on

Monday. I suppose the 'sequences' should have been a hint in browse sequences, but

I still expected the default sequence to be the TOC...

Best wishes,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Finally understood this late last night, so many things to learn!

Many thanks for your continued help.

Best wishes,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp