• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does JavaHelp output lose formatting in topics?

New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 8 to produce a JavaHelp context-sensitive help system. When I generate the output as Webhelp, the topics look good, but when I generate JavaHelp, the formatting is lost. Do we know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the JavaHelp page on my site and seriously consider whether you really need JavaHelp.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really like NOT to use JavaHelp, but the application it's going into is a Java application, and the developers tell me Webhelp won't work.

I did discover that I should be producing compressed JavaHelp when I'm actually producing uncompressed JavaHelp. Maybe fixing that will fix the formatting issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck!

Just a long shot but I would go back to the developers, maybe show them the page. Often that is the standard response from developers but only sometimes is it correct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also search for "JavaHelp Limitations" in the RoboHelp help file for a list of reasons not to use JavaHelp. It is also incorrect to say that WebHelp does not work with a Java application. More food for thought for your developers.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp