• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Help

Explorer ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get help back to the what appears to be the default.?

I changed it to display local help only, and now help opens in local browser, with no options for searching the whole 'community'.

What happened to the Air? help application and how do I get it back?

Mark Hurst

Robohelp 9

Win 7 pro 64

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Search Options and you will then see Search Location with Local and Online options. I believe clearing the Adobe Reference Only check box access all sources.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

So where do I now find "Search Options"? Help is now opening in my default browser and there are NO Search Options!

It seems that having checked "Adobe Reference Only" in the Air version of help, this gives me help in my local browser, limited to Robohelp help, and now there is no way back.

Problems not solved.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I can confirm your behavior. In an attempt to try and assist you with this post I managed to coax your condition. Unfortunately I cannot recall precisely what my steps were to induce it. I seem to remember getting into an options area where I selected an option to view via the browser.

As you have reported, once you get into that view there appears to be no going back. Methinks this is a bug Adobe needs to consider and address! Please report accordingly. (Link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Longshot, have you tried disconnecting from the internet?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it, but all browser did was load help file from local location rather than Adobe.com

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the camera icon to add a screenshot of what you are seeing.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the help open, have you tried Edit > Preferences

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit Preferences in what?

In robohelp 9 there is no edit preferences menu option

In Firefox, on the Robohelp page, there are NO options to select

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture20.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I misunderstood what you were seeing locally. Nothing I have done gets me into that position and even if I did, if Rick cannot find his way out I doubt I could.

This has been flagged with Adobe.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

So this evening I performed the good old uninstall reinstall hokey pokey. I opted to remove the preferences too. First thing I tried was to open the help.

Alas, it still opens in the browser!

The funny bit is that I totally expected it to revert to opening in the Community Help viewer. Go figure.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

Okay, after submitting my bug report to Adobe on this they came back to me with information that eventually led me to coaxing things back to normal. Hopefully the communication of ideas will help folks in the future.

So here is how you re-enable the Community Help.

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Adobe folder. For me, it was found inside the Program Files (x86)/Adobe folder. I'm using Windows 7. For XP it will likely be found in simply Program Files/Adobe.

Inside this folder is a folder named Adobe Help. Open it and inside the folder should be an application named Adobe Help.exe. Double-click this application and run it. This should open the Community Help viewer. Mine seemed to take eons to open, but give it time and it should eventually present icons and become usable.

Press Ctrl+K to open the Preferences dialog where you will then be able to configure back to Community Help from the browser.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - this did the trick. I have suggested to Adobe that this scenario should be covered in the help files somewhere so that it does not become so difficult to return to the 'default' setting.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it actually does tell you (somewhat) about how to set it back - it's just a little vague as to the particulars of how to do it ;>)

prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... and impossible to view if you have done it!

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp