• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool Bars

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2006 Jul 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to recopy my project after a corrupt file message. All went well, but now there seems to be a few things missing on my tool bar? Isn't there supposed to be an icon to click on to create a bulleted list? Or the Bold and Italics icons? Or maybe I'm thinking of Word. Please advise. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rreavis. There is a toolbar that shows such formatting icons but this should not be controlled over whether the project is corrupt or not. It may be that something has inadvertantly suppressed that toolbar's display. If so, I'd expect it to be the same in all projects and instances of RH you have open. Try looking at the View | Toolbars menu item and check that the "Formatting" option is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the View | Toolbars menu, all of the toolbars have a checkmark beside them. I have the icons to change the font size and style, and the font color, but not the Bold, Italic or Underline icons. At least the shortcuts work, but I would love to know why this is happening. Anyone have an idea why these would be suppressed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You originally posted this question in the RoboHelp for Word forum.

Are you using RH HTML or RH for Word as knowing that is rather fundamental to the answer.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH HTML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reavis,

If you click on the toolbar and select View - Toolbars is the Formatting option selected/ticked? Updated - ignore this Reavis, its friday, re-read your earlier posts and see you have all these options checked, Will continue to scratch my head.

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rreavis. Did you import a Word document before the corrupt file message? Could this be what is causing the problem? You may have to reinstall RH if all projects are affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the formatting tool bar is selected and no - I did not import a Word document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only your corrupted project that is at fault? It is weird as you can't customise the toolbars. Have you tried closing RH down, rebotting the PC, that sort of thing? Glad the keyboard shortcuts still work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is affecting other projects in RH as well. Not just the one that was corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK It hink we only have the uninstall/reinstall option left or does anyone else have an answer. Weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on.
I'm sure I've seen a similar problem before (but with word). This fix involves removing a registry entry and then restarting word. Will check this out on my home PC and post back...unless you are uncomforatble messing with the registry reavis?

cheers
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what registry entry is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it! All I had to do was move the tool bar. Half of the tool bar was just not showing up cuz there wasn't enough space where it was located. Duh. Well thanks for the help everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm surprised you even admitted to that one rreavis . That's almost right up there with when I turned the brigtness control on the screen down so I could adjust my tie years ago. I got distracted and then when I came back to the screen found the display blank. Yes you've guessed it. After much gnashing of teeth I called hardware support. Boy did they laugh! .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp