Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional text in numbered lists

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2006 Jul 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Could anyone tell me whether it is possible to apply conditional text to an entry in a numbered list and ensure that the entries remain consecutively numbered.

At the moment, after processing, the numbering does not alter leaving gaps in the numbered points.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi s-j-w. You certainly can but it depends on how you have applied your tags. Check the syntax of the list item. It should be something like <li style="x-condition: tag1;" class=kadov-P> where tag1 is the cbt name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi s-j-w,

Colum is absolutely right, you can apply conditional tags to numbered list and keep the sequence numbers. What I do is click on the list item three times in the wysiwyg editor and then right-click and select the conditional tag - that way you are sure to select the entire list item - if in doubt check the position onf the condition tag in the true code. One little gotcha is if you use the 'Restart Numbering' feature - kind of obvious I know but it still catches me out. When you restart numbering the number is hard coded and the sequences will not be automatically updated.

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Colum and Craig,

Thanks very much for your assistance. I now understand where I was going wrong and it works perfectly.

Regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp