Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML version of design.xml: Expected XML version: 2

New Here ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I upgraded to Flash Builder 4.5 and now I get a warning/error for every library project that we have. But it seems to be a warning as I can use the custom library components in Design Mode.

The error is in the tab: "Design Mode Problems"

SWC Configuration issue:

The XML version of design.xml and the expected XML version do not match.Some Design Mode features will not be available for components defined within the SWC
Expected XML version : 2
Actual XML version:  Unknown

The design.xml document starts with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

I tried changing it to:

<?xml version="2.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

but no effect...

Anyone has the same problem and knows how to fix it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble. It appears the documentation isnt complete also the Extensibility Kit returns a 404, and the docs http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf68268-7ffb.html#WS2db454920e96... arent much help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add that the examples at these two links do work initially but if you modify them or try to add a component just to test they will return the same error

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&tl=en&u=htt...

http://www.betadesigns.co.uk/Blog/2010/05/06/custom-flashbuilder-component-views/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump; because I'm trying to solve the same issue.

Do you have design.xml file in your custom SWC?  Have you cleaned the project after changing, or embedding, that file?  Are you having doing mobile development or does the issue occur in normal projects?

My architecture is like this:

Library Project 1  [Does not appear to present Issues, but I'm still testing]

Library Project 2 [Extends Library Project 1; Has Mobile classes added throw the design view error]

Library Project 3 [Extends Library Project 2; has mobile classes added; throws the design view error]

Flex Mobile Project [Uses Library Project 3]

I'm also having a problem, perhaps unrelated, with my namespaces showing up properly.  Although my namespace url is showing up properly, the namespace name shows up as 'ns' instead of 'flextras'.

Design.xml in Library Project 1:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<design>
    <namespaces>
        <namespace prefix="flextras" uri="http://www.flextras.com/mxml" />
    </namespaces>

<categories>
        <category id="Flextras" label="Flextras Components" defaultExpand="true" />
    </categories>

<components>
        <component name="AutoCompleteComboBoxLite" namespace="flextras" category="Flextras" displayName="AutoCompleteComboBoxLite">
        </component>
    </components>
</design>

Manifest.xml in Library Project 1:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<componentPackage>

<component id="AutoCompleteComboBoxLite" class="spark.flextras.autoCompleteComboBox.AutoCompleteComboBoxLite"/>

</componentPackage>

Design.xml in Library Project 2:

<?xml version="2.0" ?>
<design>
    <namespaces>
    </namespaces>

<categories>
        <category id="Flextras" label="Flextras Mobile Components" defaultExpand="true" />
    </categories>

<components>
        <component name="AutoCompleteComboBoxMobile" namespace="flextras" category="Flextras" displayName="AutoCompleteComboBoxMobile">
        </component>
    </components>
</design>

Manifest.xml in Library Project 2:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<componentPackage>
    <component id="AutoCompleteComboBoxMobile" class="mobile.flextras.autoCompleteComboBox.AutoCompleteComboBoxMobile"/>
</componentPackage>

Design.xml in Library Project 3:

<?xml version="2.0" ?>
<design>
    <namespaces>
    </namespaces>

<categories>
        <category id="Flextras" label="Flextras Mobile Components" defaultExpand="true" />
    </categories>

<components>
        <component name="DropDownList" namespace="flextras" category="Flextras" displayName="DropDownList">
        </component>
        <component id="AutoCompleteComboBoxMobile" class="mobile.flextras.autoCompleteComboBox.AutoCompleteComboBoxMobile"/>
    </components>
</design>

Manifest.xml in Library Project 3:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<componentPackage>
    <component id="DropDownList" class="mobile.flextras.dropDownList.DropDownList"/>
</componentPackage>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2011 Jun 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<design version="2"> should be the tag instead of

<design>

</design>

so that the design view can interpret the xml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That certainly makes the error go away.  It also appears to prevent your components from showing up in the design view component explorer.

I'm not sure which is the "Better" evil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did change the version in the design.xml, and, the error does go away, but the components do not show up in the Components Panel, worse yet, even autocomplete in MXML does not work. We are using Flash Builder 4.5, and the swc is built using sdk 4.5.1. Can someone from Adobe respond on how to resolve this? We have Customers that we have to provide an answer to!!!

All of this used to work just fine in 4.1 btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had this issue and seemingly have fixed it by setting the design version to 2 as well as specifying component names in the component tags by entering the full package structure versus just the component name alone.

Example:

<component name="com.company.product.myComponent" />

Instead of:

<component name="myComponent" />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution provided by israel worked for me. However, the mxmlProperties does not work. Does anybody know why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Adobe Flash Builder 4.5. About a week ago, a new library was posted that solved this. No changes were made to my code and I am able to view and edit the chart in design mode. The original thread is here:

http://www.amcharts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=24086#p24086

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are facing the same issue. It would be great if guys from Adobe could explain what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines