• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I prevent breadcrumbs from being used on the first page?

May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of the technical communication suite to produce a WebHelp

layout from a framemaker book. Thanks to all the help I've received so far it's proceeding

well, although slowly.

II have an initia l'home'  page, that isn't present in the TOC, just with a program logo, a company

logo and a helpdesk address. How can I stop breadcrumbs from appearing on this page?

I'm happy for this to be the Home page and to keep the word Home, and it is a separate

document in the linked framemaker book.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a way to accomplish this suppression of breadcrumbs from with RH, but I'd be looking at editing the output HTML page (found in your !SSL!\WebHelp\projectname\ folder) to manually remove the coding for the breadcrumbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen

To accomplish this you need to define a Master Page. Insert a Breadcrumbs Placeholder in the Master Page and associate the Master page only with the topics where you wish to see Breadcrumbs. Then you ensure you clear the option for globally applying Breadcrumbs in your Single Source Layout recipe.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! I knew somebody would know a better way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to you both for your help and speedy replies.

Best wishes,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

@Jeff It might be the better way, but I can't make it work so your

way will be used until I embark on my next online manual in the list when I might

be brave enough to try again.

@Rick Sorry I know I'm a poor pupil, but I get no breadcrumbs at all when I insert

breadcrumbs into my newly created master page and disable breadcrumbs in the navigation pane.

Thank for your help.

Best wishes,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen

To each his or her own. Jeff's approach certainly will work but will require you to repeat the process each time you generate. With the approach I outlined you would only need to do things once.

As for the breadcrumbs not appearing at all, it depends on *WHERE* in the Master Page you elected to add them. In order for the approach I outlined to work, you need to ensure you add the placeholder *OUTSIDE* the Body placeholder. Then you should see breadcrumbs on the pages you have associated with the Master Page.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

I think that might be part of the problem then. I can't seem to be able to position the

breadcrumbs outside of the body placeholder, which might explain why it doesn't work.

However, even when I try to assign all topics except one to the master page with

the breadcrumbs, none appear on any page, even though the checkbox is disabled

in the navigation tab for WebHelp.

Thanks for your continuing help.

best wishes,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp