Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resetting e-books in Adobe Digital Editions

May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have about five e-books placed in Adobe Digital Editions. So far, I've been able to successfully synch all titles but one to

four e-reader devices. This e-book is in PDF format and is called "Traité de sécurité intérieure." I purchased this e-book from Archambault.

When I try to open this e-book on the e-reader it says the that "This Book is protected by Digital rights management." However, it is stated on the Adobe Digital Editions help page that  "you can transfer library items to up to six computers and six supported mobile devices" (http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/help/#transfer_items). Currently, the e-book titled "Traité de sécurité intérieure" is readable on three e-reader devices and one desktop. At one time, this e-book was saved on two desktops, but has since been deleted from one of these desktops and will remain indefinitely on the other.

I would like authorization for this e-book to be reset, so that I can place it on up tp six e-reader devices, as stated on the Adobe Digital Editions Help page. My Adobe ID is library-biblio.aiml@international.gc.ca.

Thank you for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE tells you what it can do with devices and ebooks with proper rights, but

there's always a catch.

This problem doesn't have anything to do with ADE software - but everything

to do with the digital rights the publisher has assigned to the ebook. I'm

pretty certain that the publisher has not given rights to copy the ebook to

your ereader. You can check this:

Open ADE in Library mode. Look for a drop-down arrow displayed on the

ebook's avatar, and click on it. Then, click on 'Item Info' in the

drop-down menu. You'll see what the publisher will let you do with the

ebook.

==============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the prompt response! Fortunately, the publisher that I purchased the e-book allowed me to re-download the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines