• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder can't Test or Debug

New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've not been able to test or debug my Actionscript projects. Everytime I try I get the following error screen.

Schermafbeelding 2011-05-11 om 17.21.40.png

I tried reinstalling Flash and the individual debuggers (do I need to use them to replace a file?)

Current specs are:

> Adobe Flash Builder 4

> Adobe Flash Player:

Schermafbeelding 2011-05-11 om 17.30.05.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an update...

I've looked for every Flash Player and Debugger I could find in the Adobe Flash CS5, Flash Builder 4 and seperate Flash Player folder and deleted them from my computer. Then I reinstalled Flash Player and installed the following debugger:

Schermafbeelding 2011-05-12 om 11.16.09.png

After that I tried Flash Builder again and was able to test my project, though it opened Flash CS5 instead of Flash Player, very strange.

So I continued with the debugger and that also started the Flash CS5 player instead of the standalone player and also started loading in Flash Builder:

Schermafbeelding 2011-05-12 om 11.19.02.png

Up till the point where Flash Builder showed me this error:

Schermafbeelding 2011-05-12 om 11.12.43.png

The current problem is now the error above and the fact that I can't seem to be able to see any traces of debugging code in my console (Flash Builder) or Output screen (Flash Pro CS5).

Has anyone got an idea?

UPDATE:

I was able to make it work IF I let Flash Builder Generate an HTML Wrapper file.

If I tick it off, the debugging will start Flash Pro CS5, but doesn't debug and gives me the same things as the 2 last screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you do not generate an HTML wrapper, Flash builder tells the OS to open a SWF file. The problem with this is that the debug standalone player has to associated with SWF files in Finder (Get Info on a swf file, open with).

This has been addressed in Flash Builder 4.5 where you can specify which standalone executable to run.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines