Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Show" Hyperlink Leads to Error Page

May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 9.0.0.228/Server 9

WebHelp Pro

Single Project (upgraded from RH x5 to RH9)

When a link to a specific topic is created, RoboHelp automatically inserts the "Show" hyperlink that is suppose to open the entire RoboHelp project and display the navigation options (TOC, Search, Index, etc.), but instead it results in an error page that says "the requested resource is not available."

a.gif

I.T. has figured out that the issue is related to case-sensitivity.  The "Show" URL lists the project's name in caps (PROJECTNAME.htm); if the case is changed to sentence case, which is how the project name is formatted, (Projectname.htm), then the URL works.

How can the case be corrected in the "Show" URL that RH creates?

Thank you,

Eva

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eva

One thing you may wish to consider is to enable the option for converting file names to lower case.

This should be on either the first screen of the SSL recipe (version 8 or older)

tmp1.PNG

Or in the General category for RoboHelp 9.

tmp2.png

Give that a go and see if it corrects the behavior.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thank you for the suggestion.  I am using WebHelp Pro SSL and do not see the option to use lowercase file names.  Should that option be there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Eva.

I think the reason WebHelp Pro does not have that lower case/UNIX option is because RoboHelp Server 9 runs on the Apache Tomcat Server, but must be on a Windows Server OS as a system requirement (rather than UNIX).

Meanwhile, I tested the Show link on my server using this context-sensitive call which is designed to open a CSH topic in a new, Single Pane Window.

Here is the URL I'm using for the CSH link:

http://localhost:8080/robohelp/server?prj=Acme_App&area=ForumTest&wnd=CSHWindow&ctxid=11

Notice that there is "camelcase" all over the place, suggesting this is not the problem (at least in my setup.)

It works as expected and the "Show" link opens to reveal the Nav Pane.

Have you created a special window and given it a name which can be included in the CSH call? If this is being called from an application, how is that being done and I wonder if that's playing a role?

Meanwhile, I will ask folks at Adobe if they could take a peek at this post to see if they have a different take.

Thanks

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Evergreen, Colorado
www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eva,

It's Tomcat which determines whether the URL's are handled in case sensitive manner or not. Till Tomcat 6, Tomcat has an option to ignore case while handling URL's but from Tomcat 7 onwards, all URLs are handled on case sensitive basis. So it depends on which version of Tomcat you are using.

If you are using Tomcat 6, then you can check if your "robohelp" context has been configured to ignore case of URL's

You can do so by opening "{Tomcat Install Path}\conf\server.xml" file and look for xml tag "<Context>" with path attribute set as "/robohelp". Just check if this tag also has attribute caseSensitive set as "false" . If not, you can simply add this attribute with value false to "robohelp" context tag and then save server.xml and restart the Tomcat server.

Please note that this will work only if your are using Tomcat 6. This caseSensitive flag has been deprecated in Tomcat 7 and onwards.

Tulika.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John & Tulika, thank you for the responses.  Here is some additional information:

• We do not use CSH (occassionally, we send a link to a specific topic via email)
  • We are using Tomcat 7

Considering this, is there a way to change the case sensitivity within the RoboHelp software? and if not, is there a work-around?

Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp