Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deactivate/deauthorize a device

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2008 Nov 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I just recently bought a new computer and I would like to share/transfer my e-book collections from my old one to my new computer. I am using Adobe Reader 7 to read my digital editions in my Mac computer. However, when I try to activate my new computer, I have a message saying that I am over the limit of activated devices. When I look at my activated devices, it looks like 5 of them are the same computer. I think what happens is that I have to re-boot (re-format) my computer couple of times when it is having a problem consequently, I have to activate Adobe Reader on the same computer a couple of times. Is there a way that I could de-activate a device (delete 4 of those activations) so I have a free space to activate my real computer?

Also, I installed Adobe Digital Editions 1x5 in my old computer, and the Digital Editions from my Adobe Reader doesn't recognize my e-books. I am not sure what is happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently joined adobe and faced a similar problem....

dunno if u found the solution by now, but here goes anyway...

The magic answer is CTRL+SHIFT+D

try it and tell me if it worked for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to deauthorize using CTRL-SHIFT-D and it worked perfectly for me.

Igor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me where you are when you do the CTRL Shift D ? Are you in the program and if so where. Hate to sound so dumb, Your help is really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it. Thanks. You just open Adobe Digital Editions and then go CTRL Shift and D (not delete) It worked great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2010 Oct 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. I run in to a different issue, I was unable to open the application at all. the program works just fine few weeks ago, but now when I open the application just get the white blank screen. really frustrated.. Any trick or idea are great appreciated, I already try to un-install and re-install a couple of times still run into the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this tip! My 'blank screen' problem has now been resolved and I can view my books again in ADE 1.8.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem, and CTRL-SHIFT-D did give me a screen to deauthorize.  Many thanks for the info.

BTW -- where was this info found?  I see nothing in the DigEditions help guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in there.... Look in Help, under 'Shortcut Keys'.

===================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated in AZ wrote:

It's in there....  Look in Help, under 'Shortcut Keys'.

===================

Have read through the "Shortcut Keys" Help section several times, and darned if I can find the sequence listed anywhere.  Should be in the "Application-Wide Keyboard Shortcuts" table but its not.  Neither can I find the companion Ctrl+Shift+E combination (crucial for deauthorizing an attached e-reader, as explained elsewhere in these forums).  Where exactly did you find this in Help? Maybe our Helps are at a different level - I'm using A.D.E version 1.7.2.1131.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I went back and looked for the deactivate shortcut and couldn't find it either.  Figured I must be losing it ....

Thanks for the additional tidbit (shift ctrl E)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one find the listing of ADE authorized devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE Help has it: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices

=============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure caps lock is off when you do this, otherwise it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody knows how to deactivate a PC that does not boot anymore or has been destroyed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas you can't.

You have to wait till you run out of activations, then contact Adobe to get them to cancel ALL your activations, then reactivate the ones you still want.

Unfortunately, Adobe do not provide a web page for viewing/changing activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, how do I contact Adobe regarding Adobe Digital Editions? I contacted Adobe support as I reached maximum devices, but they said they cant help here, only the forum might halt, end sent me the link to this thread..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai atteint la limite du nombre d'activation. Comment est ce que je peux faire un reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines