• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use Swf Files?

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project. When I hit CTRL+F11 it runs it creates a bunch of swf files and what not in the bin-debug folder.

If I move (copy) those files to a diffrent location they stop working, wont load not even the main.swf or the main.html

If I click on the main.swf or the main.html in the bin debug folder it works. everything works. How do I make it so I can use the swf out side the debug folder

and on other pages either on a server or local host?

I didnt have this problem before but now I do...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can some one please give me a soution to this issue?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theres an example here: http://blackandwhite.web44.net/adventure-game    the whole thing requests for a "upgrade in flash" I have the latest version

this is what results when I try and move the files from the debug to the server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello can some one help this is a pressing issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please respond    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try doing an Export release and copy all the contents of bin-release over to your server?

Is this a Flex or actionscript project? Do you have all the js, html and SWF/SWZ files in bin-debug copied over? (Specifically you need swfobject and history.js)

A difference between bin-debug and other folders is flash player security. Flash Builder automatically adds the bin-debug folder of a project to a "trusted folders" list so that you can make networking calls which you normally wouldn't be able to unless you host the SWF on that domain.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I coppied everything but the history folder (which may be the reason). I didnt know you could do an export release. Ill try this out once the server starts acting nice again. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya its not working. I coppied everything over to the server the page is: http://blackandwhite.web44.net/adventure-game/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

is my error

I have flash 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will some one please respond already  like whats the hold up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrien,

There's a wordpress login page barring my way.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats really awkward. Let me just investigate this quickly......(moments later)..Its not any more. Thank you for pointing that out. It was a plugin that was blocking you. ANY WAYS. please i beg of you (with desperation) help me.

I did what you suggested I coppied eveything in that folder and posted it to my server and linked the main.swf into the page and I get that error.

Sorry if the page fails to load - just keep trying my hosting service is doing upgrades

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what Chrome's console shows me:
GET http://blackandwhite.web44.net/adventure-game/Main.swf 404 (Not Found)
swfobject_modified.js is missing, more importantly, Main.swf is returning a 404 (not found).
Looks like your server is not serving the SWF file and fixing that should solve your problem.
-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2011 May 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats odd - have you tried looking at the page source? youll see this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://blackandwhite.web44.net/Flash/swfobject.js"></script>

<param name="movie" value="http://blackandwhite.web44.net/Flash/Main.swf" />

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" 
data="http://blackandwhite.web44.net/Flash/Main.swf" width="800" height="533">

so I am kinda confused.

there was no modified js file....so Dont know what that means and adventure game is a page not a directory....yourchrome is treating it like a directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2011 May 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using SWFObject, you have to update the embedSWF() function with the path, not the param tag (that is a fallback).

Btw, your game is starting up fine now. Looks like you sorted out the problem yourself - good going!

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines