Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE insists on making another My Documents folder on my machine

May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to have Adobe Digital Editions to download e-books from my local library system. However, the program is doing something that is driving me crazy. It insists on making a new My Documents folder (with a My Digital Editions subfolder) when it installs. It is very confusing to have two My Documents folders on my desktop. I tried moving the My Digital Editions folder to the My Documents of my choice, uninstalling and then reinstalling the program, but ADE keeps recreating a second My Documents folder.

Is there any way to install ADE without this annoying duplication??

I have read the thread about how the program does not let you move the My Digital Editions folder and I echo the sentiments of all of the users who said that ADE should let the *user* dictate where his/her e-books are stored, not the program. I am using ADE 1.7.2.1131 on a Windows 7 64 bit system.

sk8maven

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In a word: no.

And I'm onw of those who is very frustrated by this.

==============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines