Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create new project in RoboHelp 9

May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I'm new to this discussion board and am hopeful that someone will jump in to help me.  I have RoboHelp 9 installed on a Windows 7 64-bit laptop.  I am unable to create a new project or view the properties of an existing one.  Any ideas you can offer are appreciated.  THANKS!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's happening when you start up RH9? Do you get any "splash" screen where you can open or start new projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  When I start RH9, I get the splash screen.  From which, I click the Create New Blank Project and receive a "Unable to create new project message."  I receive the same message after I enter RH9 and try to create a new project from the File > New menu.  As an added in convenience, I am unable to view the properties of a project, topic, etc in an existing project file.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds suspiciously like a permissions issue - are you running as a local admin on your machine? Are the projects located on your local c:\ drive? Best practices is to keep the project paths short - like c:\projects\projectname\.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the suggestion.  I will try to shorten my path.  As for the local admin rights, I have those, but I'm experiencing what I consider weirdness (though may just be normal Windows 7 behavior).  My user account is included in the Local Admins group.  When my computer needs to perform an Admin function, I'm prompted to confirm that I intended the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Starting with Vista, just being a local admin didn't get you full rights to your own c:\ drive (unlike back in the XP days); you had to give yourself permission to do anything in c:\ - this is probably the same thing happening in Win7. Try right-clicking on your c:\ drive and look at the security settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp