Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FB 4.5 will not start on Windows 7 64 bit

New Here ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed FB 4.5 on Windows 7 and when I try to start it I get this error:

C:\windows\system32\MSVCR71.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error....

I tried to run in Windows XP sp2 compatibility mode and I get this error:

Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll".

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks,

Ben

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

There are some steps posted here for troubleshooting MS VC runtime errors:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/842/cpsid_84252.html

Let us know whether that helps,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was with Windows 7 sandboxing the application so that it did could not load dlls from the system directory.  I copied the needed dlls into the directory with fb and it is working now.  It looks like the streams utililty will fix the file settings causing windows to sandbox fb.  The install should be fixed to install correctly so that Windows does not need to sandbox the app.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for figuring that out Ben.

When you say that Win7 sandboxed the application, what exactly do you mean by that? For example, did you find the missing dlls in your Virtual Store instead of in the system folder, or did you find them elsewhere? Also, was it your system folder that was sandboxed, or the Flash Builder folder?

Is there anything distinctive about how you have that machine configured, that might help us reproduce that problem here? For example, are you using any custom security settings, malware protection, or other such tools that might be involved?

That missing dll you mentioned in your earlier message was from a much older version of MSVC than what Flash Builder and the other CS5.5 apps install, so it's also likely that the MS merge modules failed to update the runtimes successfully. That can happen sometimes if permissions get locked down too tight on some areas of the system folder, such that even Admins can't install properly.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I attempt to start the application I get the windows message "Do you want the following program to make changes to this computer?"    One of my co-workers told me when it does that it is not a trusted application and Windows will not let it run with normal access.  Wether or not this is correct I'm not sure, but copying the dlls from c:\windows\SysWOW64\ directory to FB application directory fixed the issue so there must be something to it or maybe not either way it works now.

As for security settings I don't have access to see the McAfee settings.  The laptop is running Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise Edition.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines