• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

End of presentation

New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the end of my Captivate presentation, I would like the user to click on a button to exit the presentation and return to their previous application or desktop.  How is this done?  I don't see an action for 'on exit' that will work.  Please advise, thanks.

Cathy

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, thanks Rick!  So in essence, I'd probably either have to have a Java script written to close the browser to allow the user to return to a previous application, or, advise the user to click the red 'x' to close out the presentation....???  Geez.

Cathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even javascript may not solve the problem.  The browser application doesn't like to be closed by anything that doesn't open it.  Using the javascript may work or not depending on the type and version of browser being used.

As an alternative, can you send them to an appropriate URL once they're done?  It still gives that 'door close' feeling...

Otherwise, I think in today's world, most users are accustomed to closing a window with the X (or equivalent).  The only time we've experienced problems here is when we're sending completion notice to the LMS with a button and users click the X prematurely, regardless of how large a typeface we use telling them to click the button not the X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Cathy

RodWard posted a reply on a similar subject that might work for you:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/854020?tstart=0

Not sure why I didn't think of that   not enough caffeine will be my excuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources