Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH in RoboHelp/RoboServer 9

May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be required to create the following scenario using Robo 9 tools?

• Every desktop in our company network has a "Help" icon in the system tray
  • The help authors have flagged each help topic (WebHelp or HTML Help) on the server with a keyword that corresponds to a unique application screen name or ID
  • When the system tray icon is clicked, RoboHelp searches all the currently open windows on the computer and displays a help menu that contains links to the available help topics corresponding to the screen IDs it finds open

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

I think that would be a feature request for RoboHelp 10.

On the basis that I have not seen anyone request this before, I somehow doubt Adobe would see any commercial justification. The search of what is running is the issue and that sounds more like something for your own developers. Then there might be a way of presenting just the right children from a merge, emphasise "might".

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2011 May 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that would be a feature request for RoboHelp 10.

On the basis that I have not seen anyone request this before, I somehow doubt Adobe would see any commercial justification. The search of what is running is the issue and that sounds more like something for your own developers. Then there might be a way of presenting just the right children from a merge, emphasise "might".

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Following up on Peter's good comments. This is definitely a "custom" engineered solution unique to your company. That said, if your developers want to pursue the feasibility, you should refer them to these online help topics so they can evaluate different approaches.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11aff59c571-8000.html

Point them specifically to the topic, "Information for Developers." Also note any item that mentions "WebHelp Pro or FlashHelp Pro" because that is the output produced and hosted by the RoboHelp Server.

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp