4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2006 7:20 PM by scottjanousek RSS

iriver clix and local XML

Been trying to load locally stored XML into a FL2 app on a iriver clix, but no go! I've tried creating a Data folder as well as an Others folder (both at top level and within Flash Games folder), but to no avail. Also tried prepending "file://" to the name of the XML when calling the load method, as well as tried putting the SWF into the Data and Others folder.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: iriver clix and local XML
          hayden Community Member
          have you been able to load any other local assets like SWF or text files with loadVariables?
          • 2. Re: iriver clix and local XML
            columbusbear Community Member

Haven't tried working with other types of local assets, yet. Here's the code I'm using:

var xmlURL:String = "test.xml";

var myXML:XML = new XML();
            myXML.ignoreWhite = true;
            myXML.onLoad = showXML;

function showXML(successful:Boolean):Void
            responseTxt.text += myXML.toString() + newline
            responseTxt.text += "Problems loading XML" + newline;

var myListener:Object = new Object();
            myListener.onKeyDown = function()
            if (Key.getCode() == Key.DOWN)
            responseTxt.text += "Loading XML..." + newline;
            else if (Key.getCode() == Key.LEFT)
            • 3. Re: iriver clix and local XML
              columbusbear Community Member

Just tested loadVars and loadMovie - neither are working. Also, Systems.Capabilities.localFileReadDisable = true. What's up with that?!?

• 4. iriver clix and local XML
                scottjanousek Community Member
                loadMovie( "/a/Flash Games/loaded.swf", "/holder_mc" ); //-- This path seems to work for loading .swf's.

I got the path by using the custom getPictures command that was present on the u10.

Not sure on how to access text files via loadVariables ... my tests thus far have failed. I tried to use the path to load XML files, and they also failed.

Maybe I am missing something that will be revealed in a CDK sometime in future.