• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design view in FB 4.5 not working

LEGEND ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple projects that when viewed in FB 4, show in design view perfectly. I have custom skinning and it all looks like it should.

I moved these projects over to FB 4.5, and they all look terrible. It basically makes the design view unusable.

I have a Flex 4 project with spark components and spark skinning which shows up correctly, but all my mx projects with classic mx skinning does not show up at all.

Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

@Markster7778 Did you enabled other platforms for your application in the project properties?

I'm using FB 4.5 for more than 2 months (7h/day) and my debugger didnt crash once... my design view also works well (didnt try older sdk projects). In fact, I dont think the IDE crashed once since I use it. My service is also connecting as it should on every attempt...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I Have multiples project using Flex sdk 4.1 and the FB 4.5 design view does NOT work! Why ???

I'm very very disappointed with FB 4.5.

Best Regards,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2011 May 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Tried the 4.5 trial.. and it didn't even come with the 4.0 and 4.1 SDKs .. which seems like a bizarre thing to leave out. So I pointed it to the SDKs on my FB 4.0 install and it says "Design mode is disabled as the project uses an incompatible version of the FLEX SDK"

pretty bad experience with the new version so far!  you'd think they woulda thought people would be using flex 4 projects in it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

So Adobe doesn't have any answer to this problem?

Best regards,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same disappointed

cannot believe when i change sdk 4.1 to 4.5 complie error occured

but cannot design sdk 4.1 project in 4.5 ide

why adobe sells this kind of product...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love the thread hijacking going on.

try going import flashbuilder project - folder option - select your project folder and try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Design view to work at all in FB 4.5 plugin Mac Cocoa 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aaaarrrggghh

I installed a plugin from http://www.elementriver.com/sourcemate3 and also a code-color plugin from eclipse

and now suddenly after a restart my design mode is greyed out!!!!

What can I do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all the suggested fixes with no luck.

Can someone from Adobe let us know if they need any info to diagnose fix this problem in a new build ?

thanks !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my opinion

flex builder 3 only fullly supports flex 3 and 2, flex 4~ are not supported and the ide cannot create setter/getter and format/cleanup the source code

flash builder 4 supports flex 4 and 3.X as well but compiler is huge slow and has memory leak and crash issue even tune up xmx=1024

flash builder 4.5 only supports flex 4.5 and 3.6 but 4.0, 4.1, 3.0, 3.2 are not supported and compiler still huge slow has memory leak and crash issue even tune up xmx=1024

and in my case upgrade project from (below 3.6) to 3.6 or (below 4.5) to 4.5 will occur a compile error

so you can only use flash builder 4.5 to build flex sdk 3.6 or 4.5 project currently i think

and need an i7 CPU for all version ide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you switch back to SDK 4.5 it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

False statement.

I have the 4.5 SDK selected and design view does not work with the FB 4.5 Plugin on my Mac with Eclipse Cocoa 32 bit.

Design View is the ONLY reason I haven't switched to IntelliJ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having many issues with 4.5 not working | debugger crashing | platforms not showing(only google android) available |

services not connecting |  on and on

very disappointed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Markster7778 Did you enabled other platforms for your application in the project properties?

I'm using FB 4.5 for more than 2 months (7h/day) and my debugger didnt crash once... my design view also works well (didnt try older sdk projects). In fact, I dont think the IDE crashed once since I use it. My service is also connecting as it should on every attempt...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using FB 4.5 stand alone or plug in ?

I have no problems with stand alone FB, but the eclipse plug in is an absolute nightmare...one of the buggiest bits of kit I've ever suffered with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the standalone version. Sorry, I didnt notice you were talking of the eclipse plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the plugin and now have the standalone all working fine.

Plus needed to be updated.

Wish i had a mac for iOS sdk

Im pretty sure i need one to develop apps for aple?

Mark B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can develop apps for iOS from Windows. It's a little bit more complicate (you must generate a certificate from the command line) but I did it and it works well. I have a mac but I didnt use it and I am debugging an app on my Ipad 2 without any problem! There is a page on the adobe website about the signing process for ios on windows : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7ff0.html#WSfffb011ac5603...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I am reading through the information and it sounds like open ssl will save me the developer fee of $90 bucks at apple.

Creating the id is free with apple but they stop at the certificate procurement(provisioning portal) and require a fee.

may be you can answer a question?

I want to use my application with facebook (and several other platforms)

Will I need to create or request certificates for each of them?

do I need to download each individual sdk and api?,...for each platform?

Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to pay anyway... You need a file that you download from the Apple dev acount page...

In fact, you should use the AS3 API for those platform. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/facebook.html (for facebook). NOTE : I didnt try the library and it might not work on a real iOS device (if the library try to do unautorized call to the OS).

You must understand that you cannot import an iOS library in AIR (coded in objective-c) or a java library (coded for Android). You are in AIR, you must develop in Actionscript and use AS3 libraries and you must keep in your mind that some libraries aren't design for mobiles and might crash the app on iOS (real device only, not emulator and only when you do a standard deployement).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info rangora!

I am trying to work with a tutorial creating a mobile twitter app

(http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/flex/articles/twitter-trends/build-first-mobile-flex-app.pdf)

Following the tutorial:..

Trying to connect  the data service with the url he gives (http://search.twitter.com/trends.json)

returns 404 not found... URL changed since tutorial was made maybe? I dont know?

So went to twitter here (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1/get/trends) and used this

(http://api.twitter.com/1/trends.json)

and was connected via flashbuilder test. ok good.

The tutorial has me set the name of the app in the properties dialouge under common as "twitter trends" then

continue on,  and set debug configurations then run.

The app never connects..... and allways shows.. "Home View" as the title.??( I named the app twitter trends in the wizaed setup and in properties )

I am sure you can tell by now I am new to  flash builder!

Also Red Circle with X in gutter.. shows within the view file's source page,  (not the application File) stating---   "Cannot resolve attribute 'viewActive' for component type spark.components.View". this occurs after trying to insert  viewActive="refresh()"  into the <s:view> tag,  in which the tutorial calls for this to be done to refresh the page view when using the "back control" in the app.(switching views)

4.5 returns red X error saying.. parse error.. must be inside <fx:declaration> tag...  so I put it in there,  and

4.5  returns error ... cannot follow <s: callresponder>.(which is inside the declaration tag) so I moved it between the </fx:script tag>

and the <fx:Declarations> tag> and still the same error statement....huh...it is not inside the declarations tag anymore and still in the s:view tag's scope, just lower in the page.

hoping to find some kind of answer to this.

"just trying to learn"

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the callResponder, the s:view scope is where it should be placed, you are ok.

For the viewActive, I think Adobe renamed this event viewActivate after the beta (I might be wrong on this one, but i'm pretty sure you can use viewActivate). It will call refresh() everytime the view is loaded. (after the creation, after a push or a pop or when the user come back from the OS).

The reason why you see an empty home page when you launch the app is because you can't run an app containing errors so the version launched is the last working copy of your app (in your case, an empty app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem, and after some hair-pulling with not being able to switch to design mode, I found an option under "Window" tab called "Enable Design Mode".  I picked that one, and it allowed me to use design mode after that (It also put a checkbox on that option if you look at the window tab again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded FB 4.5.1 and imported my Flex3 project. I have the same issues, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/894388. Many windows (TitleWindow) don't appear in the Design view.

I'm disappointed in Adobe. Further complicating the issue,  FB3 doesn't work on Mac 10.7 (Lion).

I would upgrade my project to Flex4.5 but that requires Flash 10.2, which I'm sure some of my existing end-users don't have yet (have a SaaS solution that targets enterprise customers).

Not too many options for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to wonder, does anyone from Adobe plan on responding? Even if it's to just acknowledge the issues... and better, say what direction they plan on taking (remediating or otherwise). Not sure about you, but I I feel completely left in the dark here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines