• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 does not support multiple style sheet links in topic?

Explorer ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to include multiple style sheet declarations in my RoboHelp 8 topics, but what I'm seeing is that RoboHelp will not keep declarations - it just keeps the first one. Is it the case that RoboHelp 8 does not support this? (That seems to be the case based on what I'm seeing in forum searches.)

I saw one mention of putting an import line in the main style sheet for the second one. Is that the only workaround?

Thanks,

Tammy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Hi Rick,

It's not required to add the linked style sheets as baggage files. RoboHelp (8) correctly identifies the style sheets and copies them into the output.

I added all linked style sheets as baggage files because it's better to be safe than sorry.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tammy,

RoboHelp does not support multiple style sheets in a topic. You can however included style sheets in other style sheets using the @import rule: http://www.cssnewbie.com/css-import-rule/ RoboHelp correctly identifies linked style sheets. One disadvantage: Styles in the linked style sheet are not available in the style selector. You have to add the classes from those style sheets in HTML.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, William. I've been reading about @import and noticed some issues that were mentioned when the pages were viewed in Internet Explorer. Have you had any problems in IE when using @import?

Tammy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no trouble at all, but we only support Internet Explorer 7 and above. I don't use a media designation, so it should work fine in IE6.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Willam

I've never had a need to link to more than a single CSS file but wanted to ask. When you use the @import in RoboHelp, is it also necessary to ensure the referenced CSS file(s) is/are added to RoboHelp's baggage file list?

I know it never hurts anything by adding an already referenced file to the baggage files list, but I'm unclear on whether the method of referencing in that manner would require it or not.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

It's not required to add the linked style sheets as baggage files. RoboHelp (8) correctly identifies the style sheets and copies them into the output.

I added all linked style sheets as baggage files because it's better to be safe than sorry.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my particular case I did not add the imported style sheet to the baggage because it will already be present in the software in a location one folder up.

Thanks, William for your help! The @import worked beautifully.

Tammmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp