Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android front Camera

New Here ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just started a Flex 4.5 project (video and text chat) utilizing FMS.

All works fine appart from I dont seem to be able to use / access the Front camera on my Android device.

Anyone got any clues why not?

I did read somwhere that air 2.6 has a bug regarding this, but I lost the link.

Apologies if this is listed elsewhere.

Regards

Paul

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, AIR only supports access to the primary camera on an Android device, but stay tuned for additional functionality in a future release.  However, you might be able to get away with using the native camera UI to allow the user to choose which camera is used.  Check out the following blog post:

AIR for Android: Camera and Camera Roll

Hope this helps,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2011 May 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the respose, the UI, may work but would be cumberson for the user.  Any idea when the next release of air for Android is due?

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been overcome in the latest AIR release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With AIR 2.6, the docs state:

On iOS devices with a both a front- and a rear-facing camera, you can only capture video from one camera at a time. On Android devices, you can only access the rear-facing camera.

Android front facing camera support is planned for a future release, but won't be in the immenent (and current labs) AIR 2.7 release.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to tell adobe air team. look example front camera access in java android sdk:

parameters.set("camera-id", 2); //frontcamera!!

parameters.setPreviewSize(160,120);                camera.setParameters(parameters);

that is very simple, why did you air team not fix?????

please fix

greetz kelvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on adding this to android really soon? It is an incredibly simple feature which is causing a lot of confusion since it does work in ios and not android. and, personally i'm sitting on a project that i can't upload to the market until this is added to air. I'm really looking forward to sharing what I made using air with the community...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look into this feature.
Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Front facing camera support is a new feature for the upcoming AIR 3.0 release.  If you're interested in joining the prerelease program, you can apply for admission here:

Flash Runtime Testing Opportunity

Adobe AIR 3 Runtime Beta for Desktops

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reponse and great products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally.  Thank you.

Now would it be too much to ask to allow access to both cameras simultaneously?  This is easily done on the desktop, but so far not possible on mobile devices.  It would be great if the design allows for multiple cameras like in desktop AIR/Flash.  With 3D phones coming out, this would be an important feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get into the 3.0 AIR prerelease? I filled out the form when the adobe employee posted the link to it about a week ago but still haven't gotten an invite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BryBam,

Shoot me an email (ccampbel@adobe.com) with your name, work email, and company name and I'll do what I can to expedite your prerelease invite.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Android Front facing camera support has been added in AIR 3 beta build available here.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/air3/

Also,  property to detect camera position is also added in beta actionscript reference:- (position)

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/beta/reference/actionscript/3/flash/media/Camera.html

Regards,

Sameer Khavanekar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You refer to the AIR for android? where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I didn't get your question properly but I think you are asking about "AIR for Android" download link.

When you use AIR 3 beta SDK to publish/debug to android device, Flash builder will install AIR runtime on the device and you can start testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I am very grateful. I did the tests and you are correct!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines