• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp User Centric Drop-down not appearing in Nav Pane

May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RoboHelp 9 and generating WebHelp for three User types - Administrator, aTest Engineer, and Operator. I want each of these to be DUCC selectable from a drop down at the top of the Nav pane and am using the Chrisi WebHelp skin which allows for this.

I have created three different TOCs one for each, and am generating three different single source WebHelp layouts.  They each compile fine, but the drop down navigation bar that allows you to select the appropriate WebHelp above the navigation pane (along with the left and right browse arrows) is not visible. 

What should I be doing so this appears?  

I am a new RoboHelp 9 user.

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Unfortunately you are misunderstanding how DUCC works. You don't create it by generating seperate layouts. Instead, you generate a single layout that has DUCC configured.

Basically, you edit the properties of your Single Source Layout recipe. Then you click the Content Categories section.

tmp1.PNG

In this area you define your different categories such as Administrator, aTest Engineer, and Operator by clicking the New button.

Then you edit each category to define the associated TOC and whatnot.

Once you have done this and generated, you should then things should just be DUCC'y!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see examples of DUCC in the sample projects that ship with RoboHelp 9.

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha!  Thanks for the prompt and helpful answer.  I have to say that I have been searching in the Help topics and was unable to find a clear instruction on how to do this.  Easy when you know how.  Perhaps this could be added to the RoboHelp 9 Help for other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Commenting in the online help enables you to add to the help. I have done so in the What's New topic where DUCC is mentioned so it's done for this one. However, if you find other areas of the help that don't, please add a comment.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp