Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create new Flex/PHP project

May 22, 2011 May 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Zend Server CE on my Mac (OS X 10.6.4), FB4.5 recognized the server and automatically added it to the list of PHP servers. But when I simply try to create a new Flex/PHP project--just doing one of the tutorials--I get "Cannot create project content at the specified external location," as below.

Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 12.38.44 AM.png

The configuration just won't validate. When I dig into the server path mapping, I find this:Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 12.42.30 AM.png

I didn't touch anything on that screen--the path on server and path in file system were already set to those values.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I might fix it?

Thanks!

--bryan

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 22, 2011 May 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Since your Zend Server CE was installed by the root (and its service is running as such) any operation and process that requires changes in the server should have root privileges.

Could you verify that the user you are using when developing can access these directories or just run FBPHP with root privileges.

Thanks,

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, Roy. That's really helpful--I'm exploring it and I'll post again when I sort it all out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it, Roy! I had admin privileges, but those did not include the ability to write to hidden folders. The network admin fixed this for me and I'm ready to roll.

Thanks again--that was a huge help.

--bryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue after installing Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP and Zend Server CE.  I installed as admin but the document root (/usr/local/zend/apache2/htdocs) did not have the admin user with Read & Write permissions.

In case it helps others, this is how I got it working:

Opened Terminal and typed:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

I could then see the hidden /usr/local/zend/apache2/htdocs folder.  I right-clicked it and selected Get Info.  Under Sharing & Permissions I then added the admin user with Read & Write privileges.

To return Finder back to not showing hidden files, issue the same commands but with FALSE.

It might be worth investigating how to configure Zend Server CE so that the document root is not in a hidden folder.  Flash Builder for PHP will let you explore your output folder in the Package Explorer, but you will need to have hidden files visible to see them in Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oooh. Thanks, Jamie. I'll do that and add it to my Flex Builder tips file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines