• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version-controlled project:using find and replace

May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My RH9 project is under version control.  I have a list of "broken" links that are actually links to topics in another project.  I want to do a global replacement of the path for one of the broken links.  I choose Edit>Find and Replace in Files. I list the old path and the new path, and I click Find.  RH finds occurrences of the broken link in 25 files.  But it won't let me replace them... it says the files are read-only.  As far as I can tell, the only way to make the changes is to close the dialog and edit the files one at a time, which automatically checks each file out of source safe. However, this is not an efficient method!

I guess I could check out all the files in the project before attempting the find and replace. Does anyone have a better suggestion? Is there an option in the Edit>Find and Replace dialog that I'm missing?

thanks,

Jenny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a user of source control - guess why! Surely though you are trying to edit files and I would expect RoboHelp not to allow you to make changes until the topic is checked out to you. Otherwise you could be making a change to a file checked out to someone else.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. But there should be a way to open and edit files (with automatic checkout) from the Find/Replace dialog.  Otherwise it's of no use at all under source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you already figured this all out by now.

But I'm having the same problem with version control. And I just realized upon reading this thread, that I can do File > Version Control > Check Out All, and then find and replace.

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah ha, thanks!

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp