• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What type does they use

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering, what layout does the robohelp itself use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking at the online help, it is webhelp. If you are looking at the offline help, it is a CHM file.

Is that what you meant?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jar,

I'm guessing you are asking about the help format used for Robohelp?

If you use the offline help, the format is compiled HTML Help (.chm)
If you use the online help, the format is webhelp.

You can switch between the online or offline help via the Options window. Click on Tools - Options - General tab - select or clear the Use Offline Help check box.

Hope that helps
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are they using some sort of skin, because the one that I am looking at is a nice blue while when I compile the html help its the standard grey.
The one that I was talking about, I took a screen shot of and posted the file here
http://psycho1.com/style.jpg

Is that the online one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are using the XP Blue Glass skin (online) for the Robohelp Help. This is one of the skins that can be downloaded from the skin exchange. You can download this (and other skins) from:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?view=sn190#loc=en_us&view=sn191&viewName=RoboHelp%20...

There is also a lovely little site called pixel parrot with lots of skin addons....worth a nose....

http://www.pixelparrot.de/robo_gb/robo_html_gb/webhelp_gb/webhelp_skins_chrisi_gb.htm

Happy skinning :-)
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is a skin when you view the online help. Turn that off as described by Craig and you will see the appearance you are getting in compiled CHM help.

Sorry but skins are only for the beautiful webhelp people. Not an option in CHM help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch guys, really I appreciate it all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this should be one of the last questions. Does anyone know how to manually change the css to change the color of the nav?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you want to do?
Change the colour of the navigation pane....you can do this via the skin editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Since we are having a skinny discussion here.

You might find the following links useful.

Link number one
Link number two

Cheers and happy Tuesday all! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay i tried to modify the background of the nav pane to a light gray. #DBDBDB. Updated the View, hit okay and viewed the primary layout and its still a plain white. Am I doing something wrong here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it working. Im just an idiot I was viewing the wrong folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it working. Im just an idiot I was viewing the wrong folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2006 Aug 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of non related to the topic but does anyone know why the back and forward buttons would not work within the generated help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is entirely unrelated so why not create a new thread? The reason we don't like tacked on questions is that it makes it more difficult for the next person with the same problem to find the answer. On this occasion you have asked a question that has been asked before, many many times, so they can find one of those answers.

It sounds like you are referring to the browse sequence buttons and usually the reason is that the displayed topic is not part of a browse sequence.

If that is not the problem, then please start a new thread and explain in a bit more details including the type of help you are generating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi jar92380

In addition to fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter's fine words, perhaps the following link will help to better explain it.

Click here

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp