Expand my Community achievements bar.

Embed Fonts in forms

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I designed a xdp using a font called Walt Disney Script v4.1 (you can find it online for free) and i'm trying to embed it but never appears. It is installed in my LC server and in the adminui (Services -> Forms -> embed fonts) i typed his name. The font is editable....

Anyone knows the problem?

10 Replies

Former Community Member

Is the font marked as embeddable? The PDF can only embed fonts that are marked as embedable.

Paul

Former Community Member

In the font embeddability it is said: "Editable". I guess it is enough to embed...

Former Community Member

I found this page which describes the attributes of a font .....by this description it certainly shoudl be embedded. If you save the file out of

Designer is the font embedded?

http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/info/embedding.html

Paul

Former Community Member

no! what could i be missing? The name i put in the embed font is the Title name of font...

Former Community Member

I just tried it here and it works fine. Here is my doc. Open it in Acrobat and look at the File/Properties/Font tab and you will see that the font is embedded.

Paul

Former Community Member

Did you make it from a xdp or a simple pdf? Using forms is different from embed in designer...

By the way, which name did you gave it?

Former Community Member

I started with a blank document in Designer and saved it as a PDF.

This proves that the font is embedable at least.

Paul

Former Community Member

Well seen, but my issue is embedding it in Forms service...

Former Community Member

I tried it here and duplicated the issue ......thereis an XCI file which controls certain paramaters in the creation of the

PDF. In the default XCI file Font embedding is set to false (I guess to reduce the size of the templates). You can create your own XCI file and use that one to create your PDF and have Font embedding set to on.

There is also a setting in adminui under the Forms Server Service option that you can name fonts to always embed .....I believe that changing this will need a restart to caus eth eoption to update.

Hope that helps

Paul

Former Community Member

I tried it several times, reset cache and restart the services, put my customer fonts folder the same as windows and finally it rendered weel

But if i'm using a font with font embeddabilty like : "Print & Preview, no subsetting", does it have to work?