• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP4: I set preferences, but I'm not seeing all the fruit of my labor

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My preferences under Recording > Defaults are all intact and were reflected in my current .cp file. However, nothing I've done under Global > Defaults is in my most recent .cp (specifically object defaults). What did I do wrong? Do I need to make a .cpr file? No one else in my company uses Captivate, so not sure why/if I'd need to export anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you provide more details? What did you change in the Preferences, that doesn't seem to work?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lilybiri! Go to Preferences > Global > Defaults, and in the right pane, in the Object defaults section, expand the Select drop-down menu. Any of those to which an effect could be assigned, I assigned No transition. Absolutely none of that is showing up in my .cp; all those elements have Fade in and out as the effect, though No transition is what I see when I look at the preferences menu from the .cp.

Anything I did in Preferences > Recording > Defaults is in my .cp file.

Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

OK, fired up CP4 (has been a long time) to try out. I have both changed Preferences before opening a file (to have them set for all files) and after opening file (set for that file only) and the objects that I do insert on slides are very obedient to my Preferences changes. Are you talking about objects that you do insert or about objects that are inserted during capture?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lilybiri, I think you just answered the question without knowing it. I changed the preferences with a file open. Furthermore, these are elements such as highlight boxes and captions that are inserted while recording. So, I need to change these preferences before I open a file. Do I do that from the starter screen? How do I do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources