Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE Pop-up Blocker activates on Webhelp, Webhelp Pro

Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently acquired RoboHelp Pro to migrate MS Word docs to an on-line format. The corp IT environment does not allow local admin permission for users. We installed the application w/admin rights, and then returned the log-in to normal access.

I have been testing the tutorial (Destinations). When I view the output in IE (6.0 SP2), the pop-up blocker activates. It does not activate with the SS layout is Microsoft HTML Help. It affects WebHelp and WebHelp Pro. I have tried to change the Active X controls in IE, and add the start file to the Trusted Sites.

I can "allow Active X content from this site", and display the top window, but have to repeat every time the file loads. The left navigation window displays without problems.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Charles Arnold
Technical Writer
carnold3@metlife.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Charles Arnold and welcome to our community

This should only occur if you view content locally off your PC. Once you place the output on a server, your users should not see this issue.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp