• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indexing Problem

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue. I am rather new to Robohelp and I am having a problem with indexing. I am creating a help file for our sevice associates to use. When I index, I read the manual that came with the software, make it a point to index only thing words I want searchable, and compile. However, when i do a search for a particular word (say the word "divorce" for example), the search results return several documents that I never indexed the word into. I checked these documents and saw that the word "divorce" happened to be on the page of the document that I did not index. I tried adding the word "divorce" to the "always ignore" words but the document still came up. Is there anything I can do to correct this problem and only have the documents that I specifically index the word "divorce" in to come up when I type the word "divorce in the robohelp search bar?

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006
Hi dioinarms and welcome to our community

I think you are fundamentally misunderstanding the difference between Indexing and Searching.

When you use Search, you are scanning the entire help file looking for instances of the word(s) used as the search criteria.

Indexing, on the other hand, is where you specify Index terms that are used for users to locate topics that are related to those terms.

Notice the help system has two different tabs. One labeled Index and the other labeled Search. It'...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi dioinarms and welcome to our community

I think you are fundamentally misunderstanding the difference between Indexing and Searching.

When you use Search, you are scanning the entire help file looking for instances of the word(s) used as the search criteria.

Indexing, on the other hand, is where you specify Index terms that are used for users to locate topics that are related to those terms.

Notice the help system has two different tabs. One labeled Index and the other labeled Search. It's because the two are entirely different things.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp