Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Videos Corrupt or in top left corner

New Here ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rebuild my HP Laptop. It is Windows 7 64bit with IE9

When I go to a flash enabled site (such as bbc.co.uk) the flash animation is either on the top left corner or flickers when I move the mouse over it. For example on the BBC homepage the clock that is usually on the right of the graphics appears in the top left hand corner with half of it missing.

I am using Flash V10.3

Here is what I've done so far:

Uninstalled / reinstalled Flash

Uninstalled IE9, and it is fine with IE8, as soon as I reinstall IE9 it fails again

Tried firefox which is also fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi,

I don’t know if anyone has suggested this or not but what I did to make Flash 10.3 work on my IE9 (32 bit on a 64bit Windows 7) was to click on the gear icon, then click on “internet options”, then “advanced”, then finally check “use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” finally you must close IE9 for the settings to work.

See if that helps.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, startet recently! Flash animations flickers in wrong positions.

Related to Flash 10.3 (.181.14)? Lenovo X201, Win7 32bit, IE9, Intel HD graphics 8.15.10.2312. Fully updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don’t know if anyone has suggested this or not but what I did to make Flash 10.3 work on my IE9 (32 bit on a 64bit Windows 7) was to click on the gear icon, then click on “internet options”, then “advanced”, then finally check “use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” finally you must close IE9 for the settings to work.

See if that helps.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly, thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, glad that worked. I wish I could remember the person that found that solution, but I've lost the thread!! Anyway, a lot of users have used this and it's been working.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a workaound where you lose some..

In another thread Adobe informs that they have released a new beta version of Flash fixing the problem.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer10-3/flashplayer10-3_b3_activex_052311.exe

Regards

Steen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for reposting that!  I was coming here trying to figure out what was up b/c I had the same problem.

I appreciate it very much...thought I'd have an epileptic seizure b/c of this!  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi StephWoo, Glad this thread helped you also. I haven't experienced what you and the OP did, but can imagine one would think the worst!!

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines