Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to build Any AIR app with Flash Builder 4.0.1

May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Flash Builder 4.0.1 on Win 7 32bit under VM - running as Admin.

with the Flex 4.5.0 SDK

Any AIR app that I try to debug/build I get:

Launch Failed

Process terminated without establishing connection to debugger.

error while loading initial content

Launch command details:  "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.5.0\bin\adl.exe" -runtime "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.5.0\runtimes\air\win" C:\_win_work\[projectname]\bin-debug\[projectname]-app.xml C:\_win_work\[projectname]\bin-debug

Doesn't matter if it's a brand new project - or an old project - still get errors. Also doesn't matter if it's sdk 4.5.0 or 4.1.0; slightly different error with 4.1.0:

!AIRLaunchDelegate.AIRProcess.correctAppXMLProblem!

invalid application descriptor: descriptor version does not match runtime version

Launch command details:  "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.1.0\bin\adl.exe" -runtime "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.1.0\runtimes\air\win" "C:\Users\Adobe Flash Builder 4\test2\bin-debug\test2-app.xml" "C:\Users\Adobe Flash Builder 4\test2\bin-debug"

Please help.

-Will

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your output folder under "Flex Build Path" options in the properties. Make sure the folder is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is set up correctly with the path folder - as this error occurs with an empty, blank, default AIR app built via "new".

I believe this is an error with 4.0.1 - as when I installed 4.5 demo (on OS X); this problem doesn't exist and I had no problems building an AIR app.

So either there's a problem with my version/copy/install of Flash Builder or it has something to do with the AIR/FB/and VMWare/Win7.

-Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post the contents of C:\Users\Adobe Flash Builder 4\test2\bin-debug\test2-app.xml? The error seems to indicate that AIR did not like something about the application descriptor file.

P.S: 4.5 Builder with 4.5 SDK is the recommended setup.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines