• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phrase searches??

New Here ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I'm wondering what exactly I need to accomplish "phrase searching" in robohelp web pages.  We currently have RoboHelp 7 and create web help files which we upload to a web server.  We can do keyword searches but would like to be able to do searches for phrases.  Currently, if I try to search for a phrase like "Tax Accounting" I get all instances of "Tax" or "Accounting".

Does anyone know if RoboHelp can do this and if so, what components of Robohelp do I need to accomplish this?  Do I need a Robohelp Server?  Thanks in advance.

...Brad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if RoboHelp Server allows phrase searching but hopefully one of the RHS users will chime in. If not, you will need to use an external tool such as ZoomSearch, which is described on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, bmelendy

As you know, RoboHelp 7 is several years old and it did not support "phrase search" at that time. However, following up on Peter's comment, I note that both regular WebHelp output in Adobe RoboHelp 9 *as well as* Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 does indeed support phrase search. BTW, this is a great feature to have because it really narrows the search results and helps the end user immensely!

If you would like to explore more of the search and other features, you can download both Reviewer's Guides at Peter's website:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh9_new/rh9_reviewers_guide.htm

(There are Captivate videos also included which walk you through the search features.)

Thanks

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Evergreen, Colorado
www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp