• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding browser setting instructions to cflocation

Participant ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be able to hide the StatusBar in the browser when I open a new window using a <cflocation...>.

If I am opening a PopUP window using JavaScript, it is very straight forward; e.g,

<a class="showHand" onclick="JavaScript: newWindow=openWin('Reports/RptInterface.cfm?PID=#nProbID# &Top', 'Reports', 'left=0,top=0,width=250,height=250,toolbar=0, location=0,directories=0,status=0,menuBar=0, scrollBars=1, resizable=1'); newWindow.focus();">,

the status bar is shown, status=1, or hidden, status=0.

The only parameters that I know of that you can pass with a <cflocation> are the url parameters, which are only read by the new page while building the new window. 

Does anyone know of a way to hide the StatusBar in the IE browser when opening a new window with <cflocation>???

Thanks in advance for your help.

:-}

Len

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFLOCATION just sends a 30n status header to the browser, which tells it to go to a different URL.

If you need to monkey with the user's browser (bleah), then you need to do that via the doc the CFLOCATION goes to, but via where it's coming from.

IE: if you've got <cflocation url="foo.cfm>, then you need code in foo.cfm the monkey with stuff.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

Thanks for your post.

While I've found a way to get at the statusbar on a Netscape browser using a signed script (NN4+):

<script>

Netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege(“UniversalBrowserWrite”);

Bar.visible=false;

Netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege(“UniversalBrowserWrite”);

</script>

(From p 760,  JavaScript Bilble 7th edition,  by Danny Gioodman, et. al.)

I couldn't find any way to do from within Internet Explorer. 

Do you have a way???

Thanks again for your help.

:-}

Len

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2011 May 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea.  I would never attempt to mess with a person's browser like that, and get slightly annoyed when other people do it to mine.  How a user's browser is configured is their business, not the business of the web page being rendered in it.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree, trying to mess about with peoples browsers is very 2001, and I'd put hiding status bars in the same basket as fullscreening my browser for me as some tosspot designer has decided that'll look better.

For what purpose do you actually want to hide it? Most browsers still use it to display SSL info, I'd be extremely suspicious of a site that tried to hide that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guys,

That is the same thing than Danny Goodman said in his book and I would agree because I feel the same way.

I would have only done it on a Report not a normal page and it was a client requirement, but I've found another way to resolve the issue.

Thanks for you input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation